i found this little guy, any IDs plz

SXM_Mir

Arachnopeon
this is my first post, and im new to the world of spiders but i do love them :razz:, i found this little baby last night, can anyone of you ID it to me plz?

Johnnyster

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome

Fairly new myself. Nice catch. The guys here are super sharp and Im trying to learn from them as much as I can......

Bastian Drolshagen

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi,
I would also say it´s a Theraphosidae and because of the spines on legs IV --> Ischnocolinae (Chaetopelma or Ischnocolus sp.).

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
hi,
I would also say it´s a Theraphosidae and because of the spines on legs IV --> Ischnocolinae (Chaetopelma or Ischnocolus sp.).
yeah, i looked at Ischnocolinae, and they seem to have an abdominal pattern whereas Chaetompelma and this spider do not. that's sorta what i went off of though...

SXM_Mir

Arachnopeon
yea its a Chaetopelma gracile, the sole T that can be found in israel :razz:

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I tell you what you need to do, send me a plane ticket so I can come over there....Israel is my dream...

PS - find me some scorpions and send them my way...haha, sorry for being off topic

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It's a tarantula, alright-a Chaetopelma gracile. I really want a couple of these, but they are very seldom available in North American, except as very small 'slings. I can't help but envy people who live where they can just find tarantulas.

pitbulllady

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi,
IS it not also true Theraphosidae are the only family with claw tufts? if not what are the others?