I found this interesting

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Well, I'm not completely sure what the whole hub bub is about because, true to my word, I have not been back to PB's since my last post which said I wouldn't be back. But I have to comment on what you said Immortal - it had me laughing so much.

"...the unmentionable name "

It's like we are all afraid to say it, kind of like something I remember from a movie or something where if you said the name three times he would appear! LOL

Gail

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
ok all,
I will clear a couple things up:
Spider Hunter is Spyder John, he changed his name...he's definately NOT the unmentionable name LOL
I don't think he meant to make everyone so mad, I just don't think he was thinking about how his posts would be received.
I think he was trying to be informative, and came off as holier than thou.
Anyway....just my thoughts on the subject :D
Ah, that does put a different twist on it. Not realising who he was definitely changes the way you read the posts. Even still, he's always been a little "off" in how he describes some of his pets (particularly the pedes) so I can't say the change of heart comes as a complete surprise.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Gail
Well, I'm not completely sure what the whole hub bub is about because, true to my word, I have not been back to PB's since my last post which said I wouldn't be back. But I have to comment on what you said Immortal - it had me laughing so much.

"...the unmentionable name "

It's like we are all afraid to say it, kind of like something I remember from a movie or something where if you said the name three times he would appear! LOL

Gail

CANDYMAN!!! *DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN....*

If you look in the mirror and said "Candyman, Candyman, Candyman", he would appear and brutally mangle your corpse... not sure why anyone would do this intentionally, but the people in the movie did... :confused:

:D

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Mister Internet
not sure why anyone would do this intentionally, but the people in the movie did... :confused:
The same reason that if you tell someone not to do anything they usualy will. Tell them not to stick their hand in a meat grinder, and it is all they can do to hold themselves back.

Cheers,
Dave

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
That's one story that the book was much better than the movie.

Scott

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Are you kidding?? EVERY book that's EVER been made into a movie was better than the movie! The only one that even came close was "The Rainmaker" (John Grisham)...

Sorry, had to suffer through "Queen of the Damned" this past weekend because I'm and Anne Rice fan first, movie critic second, and I'm still bitter about the two hours of my life that are gone forever...

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by Mister Internet
Are you kidding?? EVERY book that's EVER been made into a movie was better than the movie! ..
I have to agree :)
I am usually so disappointed when I see the movie after reading the book (and I ALWAYS have read the book first..since I'm a book-o-holic!)
However, LoTR was made up for in other ways....can you say
'Viggo'!!!!!!!!!!! :}