I found one!!!!!

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm glad you found your tiger. BTW, how can you tell that they are dehydrated (besides knowing that you don't have some tarantula salloon that your T can go to while on a 3 month vacation)?

I'm glad everyone else found theirs too.

Big Dragonfly

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Congrats on finding your Suntiger Holley.I hope he makes it!:p

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Holley! Great news! I'm very glad for ya! Sounds like she's going to be just fine. :)

Dragonfly, the usual signs of dehydration are when the T is very sluggish, even a little wobbly on the legs. Since their movement is controlled by hydraulic pressure, without proper hydration the ability to control their legs becomes weak. A smaller abdomen may be a sign of dehydration but I don't think it's the best thing to judge by because even well hydrated T's can have a small abdomen like after a molt, or a T that's harboring a parasite or just one who hasn't fed in a long time.

Atrax

Last edited:

pamandron

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey Holley: I am so glad you found her. Maybe you will find the pokie next. I think I would be a little scared with a pokie running loose. Again, congrats, and I hope she makes it. Pam:)

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
3 months - I think she looked good for being gone 3 months. Glad you found her and it seems she will be OK. She is a beauty - that's one of those species I just haven't gotten around to getting yet.

Gail

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

are suntigers obligate burrowers?
i would freak if a pokie was loose! isn't shelby scared?

James

P.S- aren't you scared?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
she is a Cyclosternum fasciatum...Tigerrump..not a suntiger!
So, a terrestrial, not an arboreal. And Atrax was correct. When I found her, she couldn't really move. I scooped her right up, not worrying about a bite. She literally sat huddled in my hand, not moving, until I could get a container together for her.
As soon as I put her in, (right beside the water dish) she went and sat in it.....another indication of dehydration.
she was in it for a full 30 minutes, if not more. I was actually afraid she was going to drown herself. She is fine tonight, and hanging on the side of her container, no doubt plotting another escape, tarantula brains being what they are ;)

belewfripp

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Glad you found the fasciatum. Maybe the Poke will be next to turn up. They supposedly go through some harsh drought in non-monsoon season so it may just be a real good hider.

Adrian

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I fed her a cricket last night that she ate, so I gave her another today, and she has not eaten that yet. I found her clinging to the side of the container just now, looking for an escape (there is none) so I put her in my hand, and she's MUCH more lively then last evening. Not so spastic as her usual self, but definately doing very well!

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Great ! Im so happy to hear that ! Hope you find the others soon ! :D

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Wonderful news, Holley!

You now owe St. Anthony big time ;)

Joy

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Good ol' st. Anthony, funny thing happened once. We lost a St.Anthony picture we had in the religion class wall, we prayed to him to find him. lol