I finally got an H. lividum

wayneo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Last saturday my wife and I went to a pet shop about an hour away. When we got there they had my badly wanted Cobalt blue. After discussing the possibility of her allowing me to obtain this tarantula we(she) decided if after we went to the mall and a few other stores and we still had enough to buy it she would let me. When we were at the mall I didn't go into any store I would normally go into for fear of wasting money on something I did not need. On our way out of town we stopped at the pet shop and got the Cobalt Blue. I had to get the T out of the tank it was in and into the deli cup.
Getting it out of the deli cup was quite the excitement every time I would pop open a side it would turn to that side and try tag me through the deli cup.

Wayne H

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehe, neat, take pictures of it while you can =)
How big is it, by the way ?

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Finally got my own Cobalt yesterday too :D
I've been holding off for so long, but there were so many on sale at the show I couldn't help myself.
I could have had a female sub-adult for £23 (extremely cheap for the UK) but fancied raising a spiderling. It's pathetic, brown, gangly and hairy. :D Still has a temper mind you.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
Good job! Now, you get to care for dirt.
So true!:D

Congrats and don't let your guard down, my adult usumbara doesn't hold a candle to my H. lividum as far as attitude goes. She's one mean mother (and I aint talkin about any egg sack either).;)

wayneo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Vys, it is about 4 1/2 inches (11.5cm) .

Rob, it showed all the aggresion the are famous for when I put it in its cage. When I checked its length a few minutes it didn't move at all.

Wayne H

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wayneo - nice snag!!! Congrats! A very good (staple) T :)

How far are you from the Twin Cities? 2 hours right? It takes me about 45 minutes to Menomonie and about 3.5 hrs to Madison (i just drove it 2 times in the past 3 days)...

There's some good shops in Mpls, but I was also wondering what shops are good around you (in Wi) --

also, do you ever go to Sewerfest! Its in Racine, Wi, right? Great GREAT show for Reps and Inverts!

Also, there's a kingsnake.com event going on in Minnesota soon (i think). You should come to that!!

in conclusion, congrats on the T =D
and please let me know (just PM me!)

Thanks and have fun with the dirt, i mean T. :)

peace
dave