I can't believe how small this thing is..

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
that is one of the most amazing things i've ever seen. thank you so much for sharing! wow. :)

Beth-Tex

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How cute!!!
Was it a freebie?

I got one as a freebie from Kelly on 2-20-03 & it was soooo little that I had to put on my glasses to see it. Looked just like a wee little moving speck.:D
Since then......it has molted on me 2 times & grown some. Now I can see it without my glasses.=D It is a good eater except when approaching molt......then it quits eating for a couple of weeks. It has reached 1/2" leg span & is quite a Little Miracle. (its name) :D

sunnymarcie

Celestial Spider
Old Timer
SOOOOOOOOOOo tiny!
I had to get my glasses so I could see it in your picture:D
Couldn't even see it with my third eye, LOL! (see AV) ~:0)
Great picture:)

Last edited:

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
So cute and helpless,...... makes you wonder how they survive being that small in the wild...... Amazing......

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love the tiny little t's. Whichever is the smallest is usually my favorite. Kelly Swift threw in my current fav. as a freebie with our last order. We have had him for a week now, and he is SOOOO cute. His name is Cadburry, he is a Chaco Golden Knee (Grammastola aureostriata). I took this picture just now, with a dime for sizing purposes. Isn't he adorable??

Ali

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
ohmygod. you know, six months ago, no one (including me) would've ever believed i would've held, much less willingly gone close to a T, much less an ordinary wolf spider (they flock around me here...lol).

now, i have my own G. rosea, think she's beautiful and am thinking s'lings are one of the cutest friggin' things i have ever laid eyes upon.

that's it, i've lost it...i'm checking in someplace, any suggestions? ;)

Mendnwngs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by skadiwolf
oh that's it, i've lost it...i'm checking in someplace, any suggestions? ;)
Bill at invertepet has some good "therepy" options ;)

-Jason

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sigh...:(

Well, G. aureostriata was my last freebie too from swifty too. Mine is definately bigger than yours, and since I imagine they are s'iblings, I'm guessing mine is male.

Jon

Last edited:

Action Jackson

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm thinking Swift is rather fond of sending out wee freebies... The Usambar I received from him was and is incredibly small, and still black. He's in premolt now, though, and has been eating like crazy so maybe he'll grow a bit...

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly
sigh...:(

Well, G. aureostriata was my last freebie too from swifty too. Mine is definately bigger than yours, and since I imagine they are s'iblings, I'm guessing mine is male.

Jon

Hmm... Maybe not. Maybe they aren't from the same sac at all! Chin up Jon, don't give it up as male yet.

Ali

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i got the chaco goldenknee as a freebie too..

But I am going to take a picture of mine to show you the size difference. I am not sure when I got mine, I can't remember:( ..I suppose I could search my posts here to find out...February 28th)

Last edited:

alidpayne

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
See Jon! Rapunzel's looks to be about the same size as yours!! maybe mine is just from a newer sac.

Ali

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
HEy Ernie...

lookit my lil chaco's picture..see how cute? Post one of yours.