I can’t get my air temp up for my ball python

olll

Arachnosquire
When I Recently added more air hole to the plastic tube setup in order to reduce the plastic smell, the air temp has dropped a lot, Usually it’s 80F, but now it rarely even go past 75. Is there any good way to heat a tube? It’s been like this for two days, can she hurt In just two days with air temp being 75? I have two heat pad, one on the side and one for the hot spot. image.jpg

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
She will be fine.
That is a lot of heat on the tank. Or tub
The temperature of the air may only be 75. Which is not cold for them. But there are the equivalents of hot rocks to bask on within the enclosure.
You could fancy things up a bit but a removal of one heat pad and the addition of a basking lamp might result in the change In air temp. that you want.
A smaller warmer room always works, too.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You should get a better setup and get proper equipment. Get a radiant heat panel, that's what most of us use.

Whatever you do DO NOT DO NOT use a hot rock, that's a perfect way to give your herp thermal burns, potential infections and a big fat vet bill. Only stupid people use hot rocks.

Also, it doesn't seem you have any UTHs. No one puts UTHs on the side.

Either way, it sure seems like you have no idea what you are doing.

olll

Arachnosquire
A UTH is on one of the side, opposite of the side mount UTH, are cardboard hide ok? How should I improve this?

olll

Arachnosquire
I don’t want to use a glass tank because a 40 gallon cost 200$ in where I live, I believe tubes are ok right?

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
you cant afford a space heater? and heat the entire room is there like a craigslist type thing in canada? or some sort of place you can buy used items like tanks etc

olll

Arachnosquire
Believe me I have tried that, I want to only use a space heater as last resort because they are 500w to 1500w. Which means I will have to spent 2$ every day on electronic bill

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
sorry not trying to be mean or a ass by saying this but you seem and sound pretty irresponsible as a snake owner. why did you got this snake with no plan or thought to care for it properly ?why did you even get it knowing you were unwilling to pay the cost and expense to house and care for it properly? you wont spen 200 bux for a cage its gonna need as an adult later anyways 2 bux added to your utilities each month is money you wont spend for your pet thats just sad man

olll

Arachnosquire
The tube I have her in right now is 35”by16”, which is bigger then a 30 gallon. Also, please read my reply’s, is 2$ every DAY. So 60$ a month. I am looking for advices in the cage setup and you guy are just saying I am not responsible, this is my first snake, and people do make mistakes. So please give me advices and don’t say that I am not responsible. I have spent about 450$ on her. Thank you for any help:) what’s proper care? The temps and humidity are fine.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The tube I have her in right now is 35”by16”, which is bigger then a 30 gallon. Also, please read my reply’s, is 2$ every DAY. So 60$ a month. I am looking for advices in the cage setup and you guy are just saying I am not responsible, this is my first snake, and people do make mistakes. So please give me advices and don’t say that I am not responsible. I have spent about 450$ on her. Thank you for any help:) what’s proper care? The temps and humidity are fine.
Go to the ball python forum on the net- you’ll get more answers there

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Lol.
Don't use hot rocks.!
Also, don't listen to strange spider people on the Internet. Ask the weird snake people.

olll

Arachnosquire
I also got rid of the side mount UTH, and put it on the bottom with thermostat. But I still couldn’t get my air temp up even using 2 heat mats

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
I also got rid of the side mount UTH, and put it on the bottom with thermostat. But I still couldn’t get my air temp up even using 2 heat mats
Heat the room.
The snake doesn't know it's in a closet.

Dandrobates

Arachnoknight
At the risk of sounding overly critical I have to say this is a husbandry disaster in the making. Always always always have your enclosure ready before you introduce your animal.

olll

Arachnosquire
It is my fault, I had the temp and humidity fine but since I made more holes, it has dropped a lot, I am now heating the room, Also, she just pooped, is there anyway that I can get rid off the smell? Thank you, you guys have been helpful,and it is my fault for not getting prepared.