i am thinking of getting another T, is a curly hair a good choice?

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i just got a zebra knee a week ago, and i enjoy it so much, and it is so easy to take care of i am already thinking of getting another T. i've been reading through different species and the curly hair t's seem like a good choice. but i was wondering what you people thought about them? i think i read somewhere else on here that theirs does a "happy dance" when they catch food, do they all do that? it sounds really funny.

critters007

Arachnopeon
A curly would be an excellent second T. I have one and it is a great tarantula. Mine has a hearty appetite and loves to burrow. It just finished remolding its home a couple days ago. It's quite the little bulldozer. They get up to 6 inches, mines only 2 inches and I can't wait to see it get bigger. Mine does do the dance when it catches prey but i don't know if they all do. Hope that helps.

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Curly's or Brachypelma albopilosum are great. They are inexpensive and active (well more than most). They are handleable but they do drop hairs and kick hairs when agitated. Out of the 6 we have I have seen two do that dance only because most of the time I just throw in a cricket and go about my way. They kind of lift their legs up and down and I've seen them move in a circle while lifting their legs. It is funny. We also have a Trinidad chevron, Psalmopeous Cambridgei, that will catch crickets right out of thin air when we throw them to him. Our Pink zebra beauty, Eupalaestrus campetratus, he literally tackles his prey. He will go for it at full speed, get the prey in his fangs at full speed and drag the prey for a little distance. I laughed when I first saw that.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
B. albopilosum are great Ts. Good feeders, easy to manipulate, easy to care for, inexpensive, etc.

In general, all of the Brachypelma are great Ts for beginners, and curlies are among them.

nemesis6sic6

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hEY

Yeah B.Albo is such a nice choice for a second T. I say you go for it man. Have a nice day
geo

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
B. albopilosum are awesome Ts, very sweet and usually docile. i love my two curly hairs. you can see pics of them through the link in my signature.

i agree, go for it, you will NOT be disappointed! :)

Buspirone

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My favorite thing about curlys is that just when you think they have turned into a pet rock or you are caring for dirt it will molt and/or reappear and start redecorating with a major earth moving project....at least mine does that. :) They grow pretty fast too.