Hyteroscyrates sp."Hercules"

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hyteroscyrates sp. "Hercules"... Is this the one species that James doesn't have? I don't see this little bugger on the market much, but at this local very reliable T store I saw it a 1/2 inch for $20, so I bought it and gave it a home. I am curious as to how aggresive this little beastie can get, I heard it resembles The King Baboon a lot. It has already burrowed. Can anyone just give me the Biography for this T?

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
i have a Hyteroscyrates gigas, these are aggressive burrowers that get really big, hercules are an unown sp. that people get confused with, people say they have a potent venom, and they are very fast, and fast growers, good luck with your new sling!

James

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Exodus
Can anyone just give me the Biography for this T?
Biography with a pic so you can remember what it looks like ? :D

Midwest Art

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hercs

Hystocrates "hercules" one of the most widely misidentified tarantulas in the hobby, I know of two correctly identified species that I have actually seen in person (new pix to follow this week after I'm done buring this computer). The vast majority of H. hercules were actual H. gigas or maybe more accurately H. crassipes due to the thicker rear legs. True H. gigas are a bit more redder in coloration without the thick rear legs.

N-Joy
Art

Exodus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you, I will keep you guys informed, I thought they grew slow but apparently I will have a Potent, 8-10 inch monster in 2 years. Confucious say: If you think you're screwed, and feel horrible. Go laugh at ben, the truly screwed one!

Ben

P.S if you nver hear from me again, James gets my T's.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Originally posted by Exodus
Thank you, I will keep you guys informed, I thought they grew slow but apparently I will have a Potent, 8-10 inch monster in 2 years. Confucious say: If you think you're screwed, and feel horrible. Go laugh at ben, the truly screwed one!

Ben

P.S if you nver hear from me again, James gets my T's.

=D =D =D