Hysterocrates sp. "hercules" molted

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well after getting home from the ATS conference, I came back to see a huge, very black leg in the bottom of her container.... Here ya go Joel! :cool: I'm thinking H. gigas, but who knows. :}

Shayna

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Aww nice. Does it have that sortof green tint irl or is it the lighting?

Tim St.

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Put a jar of water in there, if it dives in you know its a H. gigas,
Very nice T btw.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
And if not? H. hercules huh?! Haha wish it were that easy. Well to be honest with you, she doesnt like water... I have seen her come up at night and walk around and when she touches the water, she goes back down her burrow. Even one time she was getting a drink a tapped her container to see if she'd dive in, but she took off into her burrow. Maybe it is just a gigas that hates water... :rolleyes:

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Unless you know where it was caught you dont know what sp it is. I am 99% sure its not H hercules. I would label it like I do mine "Hystocrates sp"
BTW, You might want to moisten that substrate up, it looks pretty dry

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice T btw.

what the...

hey Austin, I guess the molt is impossible to retrieve? It would be nice to see the spermatheca, I wonder if there is any difference than mine

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
BTW, You might want to moisten that substrate up, it looks pretty dry
There was some kind of mite problem in there a while back from it being too moist (little white looking ones :confused:), so I dried it out a bit and only left a full waterdish. The mites are gone, and it must have been plenty moist down in her burrow for her to molt, but I am going to try a little more moisture and see where it takes me.

Well it was from my good buddy Joel at SSW. He got it as hercules. Both of us think/know it is not. But it sure is pretty as hell to me!

No way to get the molt out, her burrow is about 8" deep and about 5" across, I'd have to destroy the whole thing, unless she throws it out of her burrow, which she will most likely do, hopefully.

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i think he knows very well that hystocrates sp can dive in water but his reaction was to u saying if it can then its h.gigas haha :D