Hydroponic

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hhmmmmm i was thinking, is it safe to include plants with hydroponic potting?

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
In my personal opinion, no.

With one exception. A closed loop, well sealed, aereoponic or fogging set-up.

You could use a soiless (coco) automatic feeding system. But I would worry about what nutes you are using. Get the highest quality you can, preferablly organic only. Also, you would have to watch your drip lines if you have slings in there or a T that would fit inside the lines. You could cover them in screen.

Closed loop aereo or fogger would be best, but you would have to run lines to your tank, as the equipment would probably not fit inside.

If it were me, I would use soiless (coco), fed by hand organically.

Good luck! (we want pics!)

tikbalang

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
there are plants similar to the attached, that looks great in a nature like setup.

if you notice the pot, it has some sort of rocks (hydrophonic). all i need to maintain is add to the pot 1/4 level water.

what i plan to do is put that in the enclosure, cover it with potting soil. easy maintenance but adding water on that area so to maintain the 1/4 level.

what do you think?

Attachments

AbraxasComplex

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there are plants similar to the attached, that looks great in a nature like setup.

if you notice the pot, it has some sort of rocks (hydrophonic). all i need to maintain is add to the pot 1/4 level water.

what i plan to do is put that in the enclosure, cover it with potting soil. easy maintenance but adding water on that area so to maintain the 1/4 level.

what do you think?

Those are a clay pellet. I use them as drainage on some of my tanks. They are safe and inert.