Hyaterocrates sp

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Here is a picture of my female hysterocrates sp she does have a large cephalothorax and celicerae in relation to her abdomen even though her abdomen isn't over plump I have a male on the way as well going to breed them they dont look like gigas or laticeps or crassipes strange olive brown or green color.

Attachments

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Both localities are unknown? And you intend to breed them?

That is a beaut of a Hystero though.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Both localities are unknown? And you intend to breed them?

That is a beaut of a Hystero though.

Yep I plan on breeding them thy are wild caught so better than all the mixed breeding of hysterocrates.Genus is a huge mess either way I like the way these look and they should still have some growing to do.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
But when you breed 2 specimens and they are of possible different locality then you are also potentially crossbreeding

14pokies

Arachnoprince
@wolfs79 Hysterocrates sp. are a mess IMO only breed W/C specimens with others from the same locality from the same shipment.

But when you breed 2 specimens and they are of possible different locality then you are also potentially crossbreeding
Agreed if you can't pin down locality no point in making things worse..

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Correct that's why I asked the dealer if they came in same shipment:)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Correct that's why I asked the dealer if they came in same shipment:)
Did the dealer give you any collection data so you can label the offpsring as H. Sp."whatever locality" so that those offspring aren't bred with say H.sp. cameroon..

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Did the dealer give you any collection data so you can label the offpsring as H. Sp."whatever locality" so that those offspring aren't bred with say H.sp. cameroon..

We will see what happens either way I love hysterocrates if they end up being different then I don't plan on breeding them I want to keep exact localitiesspecies as well:) But from what I have been told they are same collection area I will keep you guys posted Merry christmas:)

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
We will see what happens either way I love hysterocrates if they end up being different then I don't plan on breeding them I want to keep exact localitiesspecies as well:) But from what I have been told they are same collection area I will keep you guys posted Merry christmas:)

I did ask the guy who is selling me the hysterocrates sp gigas they did come in the same shipment and collection area I guess time will tell can't have them shipped until weather warms up I live in one of the coldest states in winter minus Alaska.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Sorry phone is goofy not giving me correct letters I live in Minnesota

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
But what if one is dealing with two species that live side by side (sympatric species)? Just because you have multiple spiders coming from the same locale or shipment doesn't mean they are the same species. :wideyed:

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
But what if one is dealing with two species that live side by side (sympatric species)? Just because you have multiple spiders coming from the same locale or shipment doesn't mean they are the same species. :wideyed:
He isnt even sure of locality. The localities of these spiders is hear-say. Therefore if he breeds them without definite knowledge of locality, ' because the seller told me so' does not apply to be perfectly honest.

wolfs79

Arachnolord
Old Timer
No one will really know hysterocrates is in need of revision if I do breed them I will just label them hysterocrates sp. Have a happy new year!