Hurt scorpion?

jcornish86

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hello new to scorpions here.... i purchased a Emperor about 2 days ago seemd to be fine just checked on him 10 min ago and he seems to be babying his back right leg? keeping it high and not using it very much is this abnormal? any help is appricated.

DELV55

Arachnopeon
They're suppose to be using all of their legs, see him walk around a bit. If he's not an adult yet, the next molt will probably fix the issue. You should call the place that you got him from and ask about it and if you want, exchange it. If you've grown attached and wanna try it out, then go ahead.

See if it eats normally.

InfestedGoat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
As long as the scorpion is still eating properly and acting like a normal emp you should be fine.

^^^
as the poster above me stated, if it has another molt still ahead of it, the issue will most likely be resolved then.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As long as the scorpion is still eating properly and acting like a normal emp you should be fine.

^^^
as the poster above me stated, if it has another molt still ahead of it, the issue will most likely be resolved then.
How can you state this without knowing the issue? You don't know the reason why it cannot/ will not use that leg, then how do you know a molt will solve this? :confused:
That the scorpions will be fine is probably the case, but that a molt will resolve the problem is a wild guess.

DELV55

Arachnopeon
How can you state this without knowing the issue? You don't know the reason why it cannot/ will not use that leg, then how do you know a molt will solve this? :confused:
That the scorpions will be fine is probably the case, but that a molt will resolve the problem is a wild guess.
Well since I'm the first to say it, then I'll be first to defend it!

First:

They're suppose to be using all of their legs, see him walk around a bit. If he's not an adult yet, the next molt will probably fix the issue. You should call the place that you got him from and ask about it and if you want, exchange it. If you've grown attached and wanna try it out, then go ahead.

See if it eats normally.
K.

1. It's a forum, we're not all scientists sitting around, it's a public forum and we're giving advice. Do we point a gun to people and demand them them to listen or die? Do we say we're scientists that know exactly what we're dealing with? No.

2. The guy doesn't know much about it himself so how much further details can he give us over the internet so we can know for sure?

3. I think you're missing the sense of an overall good advice and good intention to help .... and just being nitpicky.

4. Keyword PROBABLY is not the same as DEFINITELY.

I can vouch, however, that I've had experience with scorpions, tarantulas, centipedes, etc to know it is true in many cases. You're right though, will it definitely fix the problem? No. Never said so, either.

If you check out the advices that are given here on this forum <.< you'll notice a lot of the same thing going on. That's why I'm saying you're being nitpicky.

Tell me, did we say anything that would harm the scorpion if he does take the advice?

Back to me homework.

Last edited:

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well since I'm the first to say it, then I'll be first to defend it!

First:

K.

1. It's a forum, we're not all scientists sitting around, it's a public forum and we're giving advice. Do we point a gun to people and demand them them to listen or die? Do we say we're scientists that know exactly what we're dealing with? No.

2. The guy doesn't know much about it himself so how much further details can he give us over the internet so we can know for sure?

3. I think you're missing the sense of an overall good advice and good intention to help .... and just being nitpicky.

4. Keyword PROBABLY is not the same as DEFINITELY.

I can vouch, however, that I've had experience with scorpions, tarantulas, centipedes, etc to know it is true in many cases. You're right though, will it definitely fix the problem? No. Never said so, either.

If you check out the advices that are given here on this forum <.< you'll notice a lot of the same thing going on. That's why I'm saying you're being nitpicky.

Tell me, did we say anything that would harm the scorpion if he does take the advice?

Back to me homework.

My, arent we the assertive here, but I like that and can appreciate it...YOU, my friend, are also on a forum, and you should get used to the fact that other people have something to say about what you say.
I am nitpicky, I know. And I know you guys meant it well, but who cares if the advice you gave is questionable (to say it nicely). That person is worrying about his scorpion, and you are advising him, while you do not know what you are talking about. You say that "in many cases it helped etc", who says that this does apply in this case?
I find it kind of funny that you think that you can give advise or say anything, just because your intentions are good! What a load of........(fill in yourself)

Of course what you said does not harm his scorpion, and you used the word "probably". My point is, you cannot give good advice if you don't know the exactly what the problem is.

PS. Tarantula's, scorpions and centipedes cannot be compared in this way. While many tarantula's are able to regenerate lost or damaged limbs in succesive molts, scorpions cannot do this or to a lesser extent. Where a tarantula would grow back a complete leg, a scorpion would only regenerate (if it all) a couple of segments of an appendage.....I know nothing about centipede biology, so I won't burn my fingers on that one.

PS2. I am also not a scientist.

cheers, Michiel

Last edited:

DELV55

Arachnopeon
Preachers should keep their preachings to themselves, amen.

I'd argue more, unfortunately for you, my life does not revolve around arguing in a public forum with a total stranger. It's just a waste of time, I'm sorry, but this conversation ends here.

Thanks for answering my questions, I'm through with this forum.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well,

It wasn't really an argument, more of a debate, if you ask me. But that's me. Regretfully for the sake of the debate, you decided to end this and even to leave this forum. Although I find that a bit dramatic, it is your choice, and I have to respect that.

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Scorpions cannot regenerate limbs like T's can. I would call the place you got it from, other than that there is not much you can do. Can the scorp catch its prey?