Hunting For Wolf Spiders

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
So I've been looking for wolf spiders every night but had no luck in finding any. Tonight I was eating dinner and noticed a brown object moving along my floor. I caught it and guess what? It was a wolf spider!
:laugh:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Genus Tigrosa perhaps? Also, I managed to catch my first Geolycosa today, so that was exciting lycosid find too!

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice find! Looks like Tigrosa sp. to me. I've been looking all over the place for turrets and got nothing.. Maybe I'd have more luck just searching leaf litter or something. And we live right on a lake, so there's usually quite a few T. helluo along the beach.

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
I found this spider in my room. I think I'm going to keep it for a while. Yesterday when I opened the lid to the container, it tried to escape. The area that it was in was 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Today I brought it outside to take these pictures. The spider moved a lot slower than it did inside and I was able to pinch grab it to pick it up. It was acting totally different than it was inside. The outside temperature was around 64 degrees Fahrenheit. Does temperature have an influence on how fast wolf spiders move?

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Temperture has an influence on all inverts. The colder it is the slower the invert, the hotter it is, the faster the invert.

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Temperture has an influence on all inverts. The colder it is the slower the invert, the hotter it is, the faster the invert.
Just realized you're Invertebrate Dude on Youtube haha. So it's probably unlikely that I'll see many more large spiders, our night temps are pretty cold already.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Just realized you're Invertebrate Dude on Youtube haha. So it's probably unlikely that I'll see many more large spiders, our night temps are pretty cold already.
Yup that's me lol! :) Yeah, once it gets colder the bugs all slow down and either burrow and hide or die. Over here it's still in the high 70's, but that is probably going to change real soon. You still might be able to find some before it gets really cold, so keep your eyes peeled!