Hunting For Tarantulas

TiberiuSahly

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sweet!!! Hope mine gets that big too! First I really hope it is a female, of course!
Great pics!

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very cool! Do you live there?

I never knew trapdoors were such armored tanks!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I just got done looking throught the whole thread and all I can say is WOW!! I would love to be able to go on a hunt like that that looks amazing out there.. You have an awesome collection.. Cant wait till mine get just a little bigger..

magicianANG

Arachnopeon
Bitten by an OBT!!! 3 times!!!!

The Orange Baboon Tarantula ( Pterinochilius murinus ) is a very beautiful tarantula to keep. The deep orange colour is very striking especially after a moult.

But one must be VERY, VERY CAREFUL when handling them. They readily give a threat display when disturbed. The photo below illustrates what I mean.

Let's take a closer look at those fangs! ( Photo below )

During the last 2 months, I have been bitten by an OBT on 3 occasions.For a detailed bite report, please go to my blog: http://tarantulasandothers.blogspot.com/

These photos shows the result on my left ankle after it was bitten by a 3 inch Orange Baboon Tarantula.

micheldied

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice pics!
i would hold any of my Ts or pedes before holding my tiny OBT.
shes a monster.
threat displays when i touch her cage....

Leetplayer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is one of our MET moult sequence (from start to finish) pictures. It took more then 4 hour to complete. :)

Moult measuring 6.5 inches legspan.

Best regards,
Andrew Ang.

tin man

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
wow great species. That ankle of yours was really swollen, you can probably fool someone by telling them you broke your ankle

MissChelly

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
WOW! Fantastic pictures. I love the Where's Waldo trapdoor version pics! :D Very amazing... and your tarantulas are lovely. :)