Hunters Not Patriotic- Bald Eagles..!

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
This is old news. And its terrible. At first it was pesticides shrinking the eggshells. We are lucky to have a healthy population of bald eagles nesting in my province. I get to follow a few nests every year and found a new one this year.

Golden eagles is worse. Most people don’t even know about this species. Every spring i get to count some during migration.

Its very horrible all this. Its a dilema. Hunters versus the birds.

I pick the birds.

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
This is old news. And its terrible. At first it was pesticides shrinking the eggshells. We are lucky to have a healthy population of bald eagles nesting in my province. I get to follow a few nests every year and found a new one this year.

Golden eagles is worse. Most people don’t even know about this species. Every spring i get to count some during migration.

Its very horrible all this. Its a dilema. Hunters versus the birds.

I pick the birds.
Might be old but these monsters won’t stop at killing rare birds.🦅 they need a task force to protect these species, sadly that never comes until there endangered.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
just how humans are greedy and selfish the reality is the world wont be safe until the human race goes extinct or wiped out to the point we start over again in the stone age

Ultum4Spiderz

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter
Yet humans label other species invasive lol 😆.. I feel so bad for these poor birds.🐦 and dodos 🦤 etc extinct species like the giant birds in Australia.

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
Is it legal to hunt with fully jacketed munitions in the People's Empirical Regulated Republicses of New Yorkses?

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
Is it legal to hunt with fully jacketed munitions in the People's Empirical Regulated Republicses of New Yorkses?
best thing to do is contact your local fish and game dept or wardens office nobody here is a game warden far as i know

Glorfindel

Arachnoknight
Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles are protected by the Bald and Golden Eagle protection act and the Migratory bird treaty act.

TheraMygalo

Accipitridae
Arachnosupporter +
Bald Eagles and Golden Eagles are protected by the Bald and Golden Eagle protection act and the Migratory bird treaty act.
The issue the article brings up is because of leftover lead in prey that was not properly killed, or found. Then the birds that do some scavanging, eat this stuff and get contaminated. Many animals actualy get contaminated because of this.

its not that they are actualy being hunted directly. Its because they are exposed to bad metals contained in ammo.

hunters have a responsability to make choices, and also have the obligation to look for hurt prey.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Let's not forget the hunter tourists with their AR15 style weapons using the native wildlife for target practice. Documented and witnessed by tribal police. No corpses recovered, no harm, no foul.

Brewser

AraneaeRebel
Arachnosupporter
The Plight of North American Eagles? / The Flight of North American Eagles.

Brings to mind another tragedy in Avian History.

That of the now extinct Passenger Pigeon.

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hunters definitely care about conservation. Thats why many of them do it. Firearm/ammo sales funnel massive amounts of money into conservation efforts. Obviously there are bad apples, but for the most part, they're not going into the woods with the intent of "I can't shoot a bald eagle but I can't wait to kill one this way instead" lol. The logic of taking the meat you want from the deer and leaving the carcass in the woods (provided that's legal where they're hunting) is most likely done with good intentions thinking they're leaving a meal for something else.

As the article points out, for waterfowl hunting lead shot has been banned for decades. So it's not like hunters aren't willing to comply with something that's good for conservation. Many states have enacted further regulations beyond just waterfowl for when and where non toxic ammo is to be used for hunting. So things can definitely change. Contacting your state representatives or ammo manufacturers and asking what's being done to shift hunters towards all non toxic ammo could be a place to start.

Mike41793

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Let's not forget the hunter tourists with their AR15 style weapons using the native wildlife for target practice. Documented and witnessed by tribal police. No corpses recovered, no harm, no foul.
Hunting with an AR platform rifle is legal in most states.
Hunting native wildlife is legal. In the example here, deer are native wildlife.
If the police are witnessing illegal hunting why wouldn't they interfere? Contact Fish and Game? I'm not sure about hunting on tribal lands. We don't have those in my state so this point you might be correct on.
This whole post is about leaving carcasses with lead in them for eagles to be poisoned by. So, yea, taking the carcass with them would be ideal. That way no eagles are poisoned lmao

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
@viper69 The plain fact of the matter is patriotism is purely subjective. Up to the individuals personal take and state of mind. Some people can and probably do think killing the eagles, be it outright shooting them or slow death by poison is patriotic. Ridiculous? Absolutely. But consider, right now in the US there are millions of people who have believed tens of thousands of bold, barefaced lies.
All about a persons ability to discern and use good judgement.