Hungry Sling

Love to Foxtrot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How often should I feed my sling? He is at second instar. It's not underfeeding that I am concerned about, but overfeeding. He seems to want to eat every two to three days, and I can't find feeding schedules for slings. I know that adult t's should eat once or twice a week, but should slings eat more often?
Aubrey

caligulathegod

Arachnodeity
Old Timer
Feed him as much as he'll eat. No one will call Children's Services. I promise ;)

My slings are all clean platers. :D

You only have to worry about overfeeding adults when they are obviously swollen and can't get around. Slings will eat what they feel like eating.

My smithi sling eats sometime 2 or 3 (small) crickets a day. If my slings don't eat their cric in a day, I take it out and try again a day or two later.

AllenG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have had my new A.vers. sling for not even 2 full days yet, and he has wolfed down 3-2 week old crickets, he is now on his 4th hahaha...

My Pterror sling is on its 2nd, and he has been here the same amount of time...

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aubrey,

I feed her siblings a couple of appropriate sized crickets twice a week. I like them to be plump, but not overly large. If they're looking a little thin, I'll feed them more. If they look fine, I'll wait a day or two to feed them.

Botar

Love to Foxtrot

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thank you for the help. It isn't looking too fat or too thin, so I'll just offer food a couple times a week.
Aubrey