Humidity requirements for my 4 new slings

Pokeroo

Arachnopeon
Back into the hobby after several years away. Have acquired 4 slings of species I haven't owned before. They are A geniculata, C cyaneopubescens, B Vagans and G pulchripes.

My question is about their varied humidity retirements. I'll keep them more humid as slings but want to know moving forward if you all agree or can add to what I've read.

C Cyaneopubescens = dry w/ water dish
G pulchripes = mostly dry, some overflowing of water dish
A geniculata and B vagans = partially damp (one side or area), occasional misting

Agree/disagree?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
For the most part, agree (other than misting, never mist). But humidity is something that is difficult to advise over a forum because of climate differences. Just learn to read your spiders. If they constantly hang out by the water dish, then boost humidity. If they're roaming constantly, drop humidity.

But in general, what you wrote is accurate.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
A little damp substrate for A. genic, vagans and pulchripes.

No dampness for cyaneo

Pokeroo

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the confirmation. Looking forward to being part of the community

cold blood

Staff member
Depends on the size of the slings.

For the GBB, by 1" it should be kept dry.

For almost all other (non africans), including the ones mentioned, just keep the sub or part of the sub damp.

My advice is to ignore the term humidity, as its not the right word, and its use in this hobby only serves to confuse and over complicate keepers, especially newer ones. Simplify.

I'd keep them all like this till an inch or so...

Over an inch they go into a 16oz deli till about 3".....

Pokeroo

Arachnopeon
Depends on the size of the slings.

For the GBB, by 1" it should be kept dry.

For almost all other (non africans), including the ones mentioned, just keep the sub or part of the sub damp.

My advice is to ignore the term humidity, as its not the right word, and its use in this hobby only serves to confuse and over complicate keepers, especially newer ones. Simplify.

I'd keep them all like this till an inch or so...

Over an inch they go into a 16oz deli till about 3".....
Whats the diameter of each of those cups?