Humidity of Scolopendra Polymorpha

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How would Ik when they cross paths because my polymorpha stays burrowed I have only saw him out 3 times for the past about to be two weeks I have had him.
That is why I feed dead with the little ones, pet holes are going to be pet holes, and the entire reason for feeding live is to see it eat, and if its burrowed and you feed live, and you insist on leaving it on, then that kind of defeats the purpose of seeing it eat live and youd just feed dead.
I'm curious why the pede stays burrowed all day long, I believe mine are in premolt, and I do see them, but I'd like to believe that excessive burrowing can often be traced back to improper conditions, try keeping certain areas of the enclosure more or less humid, without drying the pede out of course, and see if that changes behavior

Cody Mcrobie

Arachnopeon
That is why I feed dead with the little ones, pet holes are going to be pet holes, and the entire reason for feeding live is to see it eat, and if its burrowed and you feed live, and you insist on leaving it on, then that kind of defeats the purpose of seeing it eat live and youd just feed dead.
I'm curious why the pede stays burrowed all day long, I believe mine are in premolt, and I do see them, but I'd like to believe that excessive burrowing can often be traced back to improper conditions, try keeping certain areas of the enclosure more or less humid, without drying the pede out of course, and see if that changes behavior
I usually lightly mist the enclosure once a day

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its possible that lightly misting does not have enough water to evaporate and create sufficient humidity, im not telling you to muddy the cage, but it could be that the pede is burrowing to try to find moisture as that is what they do in the wild

Cody Mcrobie

Arachnopeon
Its possible that lightly misting does not have enough water to evaporate and create sufficient humidity, im not telling you to muddy the cage, but it could be that the pede is burrowing to try to find moisture as that is what they do in the wild
Alright so maybe if I lightly mist a few times a day he will come out. I thought since he was a desert dwelling species I would not need to spray the enclosure that offen because I was told by multiple they spray their scolopendra polymorphas enclosure every few days

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think that if the centipede stays burrowed literally all the time, theres a reason for it

BishopiMaster

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I advise you to experiment without extreme changes so as to maintain a type of safe haven

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Tough species that is easy to keep. Mist once a week and feed once a week and you should be fine.