Humidity in a kritter keeper?????

The Juice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have a vietnamese tiger and a costa rican tigerrump that I am keeping in kritter keepers, with a water dish that I keep filled. But I am having trouble keeping the humidity up, and the bedding keeps drying up quickly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
invest in a spray bottle and spray, spray, spray!

that's what i do, anyway.

pelo

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Seal off some of the vents.Maybe lift off the lid..apply some saran wrap/heavy plastic to half the container..snap the lid back on...peace..

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hehe

Sure...I'll give you some advice even though its not totally professional.

Some of my T's are in the same stuff. T's don't really need very high humidity. Mines are about 65-70% right now. When they are about to molt, I just add water. I usually get the cobra mat, don't get the one that sticks, like Zoo Med, cause it will probably melt your container. Cobra mat's can be placed under the container. For substrate there are those that obsorb a lot of water and keep it for a long time. They are sold in blocks, when you want to, all you need is to pop the block into a bucket of water, Read Instructions so you don't put too much water. It obsorbs the water and expands. Those are very good for humidity. Spray near the side of the container every day or so. Not too much. Also close the top of the container with plastic cover, to keep the humidity and warmth inside, leave several large holes for air.

This is what I do, All my T's seem good, none died because of my actions. So I guess i'm doing a good job. If its a burrowing type, just cover half of the container so the spider can burrow elsewhere and have an option of tempature. Terrestrial's dont seem to have any problem. Turn off the thing if your house reaches 80 F or it will melt ur container. Hope this info is good, enjoy. ;P ;P ;P ;P

praetorian2150

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
my false bottom for my emperor S holds at around 75% humidity with the top uncovered except for the top and screen. if u need more humidity just saran wrap ur top

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
A kk is possibly the worst container for keeping humid spp. Go to your local dollar store and pick up some good ole Sterlite /Rubbermade boxes, drill sever 1/4-3/8 inch holes around the sides, fill it about 1/2 full of moist peat and your problems will be solved

[edit]dammit! who dug up this ancient thread??!!?? :rolleyes: I already posted when I saw the date

Zoltan

Cult Leader
Old Timer
[edit]dammit! who dug up this ancient thread??!!?? :rolleyes: I already posted when I saw the date
Haha, same thing almost happened to me, I was just about to post when I noticed the date. :p