how

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The only signs that become evident is that they will stop eating and close themselves off in their hide. There is no visibly evident change to their exoskeleton that tells you a molt is comeing. You'll just have to monitor it's actions.

stooka

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i think the clear bits on the underside of the legs go slightly brownish or dull when its really close to a moult,how reliable this is i dont know.

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The dulling of the exo on the legs is hit and miss. Sometimes you'll see it and other times it will be very hard to see.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Occasionally depending on the age of the t and its color the you could see the abdomen darkening, very effect with slings noyt so much with large ts.

Actually this is the same as you would with a NW. Its a popular myth/misconception that a bald spot is sign that your t will molt. All it means is your t stressed and kicking hairs.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The only signs that become evident is that they will stop eating and close themselves off in their hide. There is no visibly evident change to their exoskeleton that tells you a molt is comeing. You'll just have to monitor it's actions.
Does this mean since my H gigas has blocked off its hide entrance from the inside that it my be in the pre molting process? or does it just mean he wants to be left alone?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It depends on if it's comes out every now and then to eat. If it's been in there and hasn't come out for a few weeks, it's probably in premolt and wants some privacy.