Feedback Request How To's

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
If we were to make a forum full of "How To's" regarding using forum features and/or functionality, what would you like to see?

For Example:

How to:
  • Join the International forums
  • Create a User Album in the Gallery
  • Create a Dealer/User review item
  • Post in the Classifieds forums

Not limited to the examples above.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Regards,
MrD

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Nobody uses the breeding/bite report section. Maybe that's because it isn't very clear how it works? There was a lot more traffic in the old sections where they were just treated like regular posts/threads.

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
I realize it's cake frosting but maybe some editing hints and shortcuts?
PS Tutorials are the purr of the cat!​

Last edited:

The Snark

Old Timer
What kind of editing hints?
Hrrrm. We can start with the three toggles. Control + B, I and U which makes subsequent text Bold, Italic, and Underlined respectively. Very handy when you get stuck with the editor insisting on a format you don't want. Toggle it off.
Then say you've got stuck using the wrong sized font and you don't remember which size is normal [size=value] lets the BB decide, going to default size.

This would be mucho easier if somebody in the know of the permissions wuz two rite itt.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hrrrm. We can start with the three toggles. Control + B, I and U which makes subsequent text Bold, Italic, and Underlined respectively. Very handy when you get stuck with the editor insisting on a format you don't want. Toggle it off.
Then say you've got stuck using the wrong sized font and you don't remember which size is normal [size=value] lets the BB decide, going to default size.

This would be mucho easier if somebody in the know of the permissions wuz two rite itt.
So you're saying you want a tutorial on BB Codes?

The Snark

Old Timer
So you're saying you want a tutorial on BB Codes?
It would be nice to know what fancy formatting is available like borders and boxes and whatever. Especially when scientific terms and examples are used. But as I said, it's cake frosting. You've already put in mountains of effort, mostly unsung and unknown.

Tarantulasareanimalstoo

Arachnosquire
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering on how to add what I believe is called a signature. Like how @The Snark has the quote "Yes. of course I speak to just about any animal... But many of them can read your heart".
It doesn't really matter I was just curious.

Glorfindel

Arachnopeon
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering on how to add what I believe is called a signature. Like how @The Snark has the quote "Yes. of course I speak to just about any animal... But many of them can read your heart".
It doesn't really matter I was just curious.
Click on yourself ... then account details... then its under settings