How to remove silicone from acrylic?

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
While installing acrylic into my Exo Terra I got some of silicone smeared on the acrylic itself. Now I'm looking for a way to remove it safely.
Does anyone have ideas how to deal with that?

Hi
let it cure for few days then run a paper knife around the egde and peel the excess off.Slicone don't bond to acrylic (plastic)well so its easy .
This is what I do and its very easy after you let the silicone cure.
Regards Konstantin

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Hi
let it cure for few days then run a paper knife around the egde and peel the excess off.Slicone don't bond to acrylic (plastic)well so its easy .
This is what I do and its very easy after you let the silicone cure.
Regards Konstantin
I didn't mean the excess silicone near the connection point. I got some silicone smeared in the middle of the acrylic sheet.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I didn't mean the excess silicone near the connection point. I got some silicone smeared in the middle of the acrylic sheet.
Rubbing alcohol should work if it’s thin enough. If that doesn’t work, goof-off will do the trick. Just be sure to wash everything thoroughly after and let dry.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Rubbing alcohol should work if it’s thin enough. If that doesn’t work, goof-off will do the trick. Just be sure to wash everything thoroughly after and let dry.
I tried using white vinegar but didn't really help much, just kept smearing it around to the point there's just that less transparent layer. Is goof off the same thing as goo gone? I've found goo gone available in my country but goof off is nowhere to be found.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I tried using white vinegar but didn't really help much, just kept smearing it around to the point there's just that less transparent layer. Is goof off the same thing as goo gone? I've found goo gone available in my country but goof off is nowhere to be found.
Probably same thing. I’d try the isopropyl alcohol first. It should soften and remove the silicone without damaging the acrylic. I’ve built enclosures and this is what I use to clean up small smears.

Hoxter

Arachnoderp
Okay! I will try it and see how it works for me. Thanks!