how often for the big T's??

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i was planning on always having a bowl (lid of some sort) of water available for my bigger T's and also slings that were big enough to be out of their vials. However, now that i have quite a few larger T's i am finding this to be a problem. Almost all of my large T's are bull dozers at night - which is cool and more fun than a pet rock! However, they inevitably bull doze right over their water supply or actually move their water dishes upside down to various places on an almost nightly basis. :eek: i certainly don't want anyone to be dehydrated but it isn't practical to clean and refill all their water bowls every morning, especially if i acquire more.

How often should i give a fresh water supply to my large bull dozers? i'll do it as often as needed - just wasn't sure how often... :confused:

monitormonster

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have small bowls for my T's that are kinda heavy so they cant easily be flipped over.

My roomate's G. Aureostriata male is always running around his cage and throwing dirt into his water bowl. We have to wash it out and refill it several times a week, but the rest of them I usually only need to refill once a week or so.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have small bowls for my T's that are kinda heavy so they cant easily be flipped over.
i can certainly change out the bowls in the ones that do not have the small ceramic bowls already and get rid of the light weight lids. However, even the bowls that aren't flipped are still filled with dirt every morning... :wall:

harrypei

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well, the same happens to some of my larger ones. I clean them every weekend and it's not a huge problem I guess. If they become thristy, they'll just drink the water I pour in there everytime, before filling it up with dirt...

AfterTheAsylum

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Put deeper waterdishes. I have a surplus of gatorade and Powerade caps that I use. I'll put 4 or 5 in the cage in various places. Refilling/cleaning out waterdishes every morning actually is practical. Every morning I refill/replace/clean waterdishes as well as spraying. It doesn't really take that long.If you want to do it quick, just get a spray bottle. If the dish is filled with dirt, tilt the dish in the cage, give it a few quick sprays, let the dirt and water fall in the cage, and refill.

ATA

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, my large beasts always "move" their waterdishes about,well just about all of mine do it{D regardless,every monday they get their waterdishes filled,so if they are spilled or whatever,they wait till the following week,never had any dehydrate.:)