how often do you fully clean

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Changing substrate that often leads to T stress. T's in their natural habitat can live in the same undalterated 5 square feet for 30 years ! Listen to people like Talkenlate04. Unless you have something that threatens your T ( molds or mites ) leave them be. Spot cleaning is all you need to do on a regular basis.
VERY good advice. I chaged my Rosea's subs on Friday or Saturday due to a bad smell and she has only statred settling again now. I only realised after reading this what effect it could have. I will now be doing my regular cleaning far more thorough.

Desert Rose

Arachnopeon
Well if the humidity is like 50% than you could porbably go a few years. If its like 80% just change it if it gets moldy, or smelly, or if there are cricket corpses every where. Like every one has said, spot clean alot, and you wount have to change it as much. ^.^

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
like some of you have said, never.. unless there are some mites or another problems.. {D

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Adding to the "never unless the whole thing turned into mold or something." I've kept Ts for a couple years now, and never bothered with new substrate except when I was actually setting up a new enclosure for growing slings. Just pick out the garbage when it starts to build up and you're fine. Anything more than that is just unnecessary stress on the critters.

JMoran1097

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
as soon as I see mites, I clean. if I never see any, there's really no reason for me to do so. I occasionally do a little surface maintenance or clean the sides of the enclosure

pinkfoot

Arachnolord
Old Timer
How often do change the substrate? Entirely clean... Some time after a molt... Every couple of months...?
Whenever a T dies or is transferred to a larger home, I ditch everything in the old cage, and clean it well. Also, if there is a phorid fly or mould infestation, I'll nuke the lot, but -

Other than that...never yet.

Sunar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As others have said...only if there is an infestation or i'm rehousing.

~Fred

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes if a - t -dies then i to would ditch all the things that it had in the old tank and give it a good wash out and get new put back in --- phil
Whenever a T dies or is transferred to a larger home, I ditch everything in the old cage, and clean it well. Also, if there is a phorid fly or mould infestation, I'll nuke the lot, but -

Other than that...never yet.