How often do they molt?

B.L.

Arachnopeon
Ive had my T Blondi since about april she is about 4 inches and has not molted she quit eating a couple weeks ago her abdomen durned a pink color then over time turned dark so I figure she is about to molt... but she hasn't. She seems healthy otherwise. I keep humidity at around 70 temp between 75 night 85 day. :?

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She is upside down now as I write this :cool: hopefully it will go over well. Fingers crossed!
Congratulations! You were obviously very observant and noticed it was close to molt time!! Keep us updated on her progress! :D

B.L.

Arachnopeon
Congratulations! You were obviously very observant and noticed it was close to molt time!! Keep us updated on her progress! :D
It appears to have been successful she is just drying out now. I am still going to keep the humidty up around 70% to 80%. I don' t know when I can feed her again probably not for at least 5 days correct?

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My male Blondi molts about every third month. Lots of food, room temp. He's gone from just over 3" to about 6" since september last year.

He stops eating a month or more before molting, and eats again about 10 days post molt.

AubZ

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
At least 5 days, so the fangs & body can harden.

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I leave all my spiders (except small slings) at least a week after moulting before i offer food. Just to make sure they're hardened off properly and fit to go :)