How much does Emperor Scorpion go for these days?

blee8411

Arachnopeon
I have some emperor to sell and I want to compare my prices with the prices that's going around right now.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've seen them for sale for just over $100 but I'd say $40 to $80 is reasonable, just an opinion.

Pipa

Arachnoknight
Maybe the females go for sky high prices since all we are seeing for sale now at this present time are " left over " males from last years imported batch?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
or they could be CB males that breeders don't need for breeding but make good specimens for people not interested in breeding.

Anthony Jensen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Saw an adult FS at a reptile shop near my house for 89.99. Emps are rare these days but I don't think I could ever get myself to spend 90 bucks on one.

Nir Avraham

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ohhhh I'm looking for a male for almost a year. Do you have any males?

Stugy

Arachnolord
Highest I've seen them go for is 120USD for adult Pandinus dictators. Lowest I've seen is 35USD as scorplings.

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire
Highest I've seen them go for is 120USD for adult Pandinus dictators. Lowest I've seen is 35USD as scorplings.
That seems in the spectrum; I wish emps were cheaper because god are they gorgeous. I'm not really a scorpion person but emperors are just cool!

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire

Stugy

Arachnolord
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/ci...emperor-scorpions-from-benin-and-togo.248208/
I guess it was to balance out the ecosystem, sounds like good enough reason to me but I still wish they were more prominent in the pet trade, they are a lot more impressive and interesting to me than most other scorpions and vinegaroons/pseudo-scorpions honestly.
Yes I agree. Though I really like my Heterometrus :p. She is mean and wants to kill me all the time but she is quite active and doesn't really dig at all. The only problem is she has refused to eat since early July (aside from 2 "10-lined june beetles" but she never finished them).

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire
Yes I agree. Though I really like my Heterometrus :p. She is mean and wants to kill me all the time but she is quite active and doesn't really dig at all. The only problem is she has refused to eat since early July (aside from 2 "10-lined june beetles" but she never finished them).
Man that sucks but I'm sure she's fine. Just make sure the offer of food and water is there and there's really nothing more to be done. Just did a bit of research on Heterometri and they rival the emperor with good looks!

Pipa

Arachnoknight
Don't worry , rumor has it , CITES has allowed permits to certain qualified exporters a quota of 500 per year now. Hence why 500 P. dictators came into the USA. My guess you will see more imperators sooner or later.

Scolopendra1989

Arachnosquire
Don't worry , rumor has it , CITES has allowed permits to certain qualified exporters a quota of 500 per year now. Hence why 500 P. dictators came into the USA. My guess you will see more imperators sooner or later.
It's a relief they won't go away

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
What happened with these guys anyway? The market used to be saturated with them. I can remember buying these things for as little as $2 a piece for as many as I could carry. It seems there used to be countless billions of these things, everybody had tons of them. How could a ban on exports raise the price as high as it has when there were so many of them already here? I understand that they are a highly desirable species but there were so many, and at any given time it seemed that most of the females out there were gravid most of the time. I know I'm exaggerating a bit but it seems to me that with so many in circulation, it should have taken quite a long time for the price to be as high as it is. Clearly I'm wrong but what happened to all the ones that were already being CB before the bans?