how many inches??

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how many inches should i give my centipede? I have a 48" long tank that was divided into 3. It is 16" tall. It is going to be a display tank. with 16" tall, i was wondering how many inches of substrate should i put in there to make the tank look nice and also to accommodate my centipedes. There are 3 slots so two will go to my 2 S. subspinipes and one will be for my S. h. castaneiceps. thank you for any suggestion or advice.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
how are the slots seperated?

it depends what you want to do... since you said display i am assuming you don't want the centipedes to be burrowed all the time? if so you are going to have to give a good hide for them and also watch humidity for the subspinipes a little more closely. in substrate much more than an inch thick odds are the cents will try to burrow.

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they are seperated by a 1/4" thick acrylic. I don't mind that they burrow at all, as long as they walk around at night when they are looking for food. i know that my s. h. castaneiceps don't burrow. it just laid out in the open or under the bark that i gave it. i will give them some good hidding places too.