How long without food?

i_like_scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello everyone. Got a question. How long can scorps go without food? I have a Vejovis boreus and my crickets arrived yesterday but were all dead. They cannot re-ship until Monday which means I won't have them until Wednesday of next week. I live in a small city where there are no pet shops and it has been freezing cold outside the last 5 days so I cannot find any ants or anything else to tide it over for now. I'm hoping they are like reptiles and can go long periods without food without any ill effects! Thanks for any help or advice!

Eddie

i_like_scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank goodness. I was really worried. I figured they could go awhile but just wanted to make sure! That last thing I would want to do is starve it! Thanks for the info!

i_like_scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I definately agree! I'm hoping it will be ok until next week when the crickets get here. They forgot to put in a hot pack when they shipped them so they froze during shipping. The other bad thing is I live in a small city with no pet shops. If it wouldn't be able to make it for several days I would have to travel 2.5 hours in one direction to a pet shop to get crickets for it. However, it if came down to it I would do it in a heart-beat!

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If it wouldn't be able to make it for several days I would have to travel 2.5 hours in one direction to a pet shop to get crickets for it. However, it if came down to it I would do it in a heart-beat!
Dont panic...scorpion will survive. Just make a little water available in case it needs a drink.

i_like_scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've decided not to wait! I'm going to drive into Salt Lake City to buy some crickets instead. I know how I feel when I'm hungry so I'd rather make the 2.5 hour drive to get there to get food for it.

i_like_scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, I made my 5 hour drive (total time) to get some crickets for my scorp! It is worth it! I picked up a few other items as well.

Crono

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm sure it could have waited, but at least you got some other stuff out of the trip.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My scorps gets to eat every 2 weeks. Sometimes once a week if they get lucky. You could've bought an extra 100 crickets from your gas money. Try to keep some mealworms in stock next time so you won't have to be worry when you ran out of crickets.

i_like_scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, but it's just gas! LOL And the convienence is I'm a business owner so I can leave when I want to! LOL That's the best thing about being your own boss, you can do what you want when you want. Plus, since I live so far away from the "big city" it is nice to get away, even if it's only for a few hours. And, it is my pet which I treat like a kid (considering I don't have kids and don't like them!) Between the parrots, falcon, hawk and now the scorp, I have 25 "kids". But, there's always room for Jell-O! ROFLOL

i_like_scorps

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Oops, I forgot to mention that when I got home I gut loaded a cricket and as soon as I dropped it into the scorps enclosure it immediately attacked it and ate it. I do believe it was rather hungry so I'm glad I went and got the crickets!

mkieff

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Utah

Hey, I also have a Vejovis Boreus scorp, and live in Utah. Where abouts in Utah do you live, and what have you done for your scorps enclosure. Where did you get your scorp?

Mr. Quick

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I hear about people ordering crickets from dealers, etc. But what about bait shops for crickets, waxworms, earthworms. etc?

Leadreign

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You sure those crickets were dead?
I went to a local pet shop to get crickets, but the car wasnt warmed up enough so it was a cold ride home. Got in, and all the crickets were still. Not moving, upside down, layin on top of each other, etc etc. Look exactly dead.
Turned a heat lamp upside down and waved the bag back and forth over it for a few mintues and they were all jumpin again.