how long to wait to feed after moult

RoseT

Arachnosquire
My 2.5 g pulchra molted on Tuesday night and I fed her yesterday giving her about 6 days to harden. She ate but now I notice she isn't looking fully black yet, I'm wondering if it was too soon? Hope I didnt ruin her or anything, shes in her hide so i can't really check her is 6 days a fair time to give her? I always thought it was.

BigJ999

Arachnoknight
I wait a couple of days till its shell is hard which doesn't take that long actually.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Only a few days with some slings, longer for adults.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wait a couple of days till its shell is hard which doesn't take that long actually.
It's not called a 'shell'.

And it's best to wait 7-10 days. Maybe even 14 days.

Best way to know is if the fangs are black again, not just dark dark red.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
well, just to check I dropped in a cricket for my L. Violaceopes. Figured it wouldn't eat as it only molted like 5-6 days ago and is around 4". Sure enough, threw up an AWSOME threat pose. You will know when it's ready to eat, well... WHEN IT EATS {D

Midknight xrs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What i have noticed with most of my slings is that after a molt they are still somewhat inactive. What i do is either wait until they have emerged from their webs/caves and see that they are active and then feed. if they are still in their cave, then i don't attempt it.

Dexity

Arachnopeon
I have some breeds that will eat 3 days after molting, others that takes two weeks, it all depends on the spider and how big it is from what I can tell.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i've noticed some slings (especially of the faster growing sp. for some reason) will eat earlier than what is concidered "okay" as far as fangs hardening up, so i usually withold food appropriately just to be safe.

heck, i'm pretty sure my LP and irminia who will eat a day before flipping, would also eat a scant amount of days after moulting if i let them.