How long to leave in food for Juvies?

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Hi! I had just recently got a new 1.5" Pampho sp. and want to know how long do I leave the food in there? Every feeding, it grabs the worm I gaive it, kills it, then eats off of it every now and then. I try to take it out after 1-2 days so it doesn't mold, just making sure this is right and it's getting enough food. First T that is this small...

Thanks! Abyss

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Crush the head and give it ~24hrs, If it doesn't take try again week later.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
That's fine, I leave my food in there and let them scavenge. Most of the time unless they are disturbed they will eat enough at one time that they wont eat again for several days. At that point the food will go bad before they will eat again so you are fine taking it out too.

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
Maybe try smaller prey items, The worms could be to large and causing the T to not eat the whole thing.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Maybe try smaller prey items, The worms could be to large and causing the T to not eat the whole thing.
If the T wasn't eating I'd try smaller prey items but if it is just leaving some leftover food then you're ok either way. I do like sizing my prey to the size of the tarantula so there is less waste.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
At 1.5" I've had Pamphobeteus of all species eat live. Just drop a meal worm in front of it, and if it doesn't grab it, take it out and repeat this every day or every other day.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
The worms I give are about it's length of it's body. Don't have a good colony of those yet, so I try to grab the smallest possible. Even if this happens, they still eat enough to fill up? Just gave it one and it is eating away at it. I just wish I could feed it like my P. cam. Think I'll get smaller prey items at my pet store :D

YagerManJennsen

Arachnobaron
The worms I give are about it's length of it's body. Don't have a good colony of those yet, so I try to grab the smallest possible. Even if this happens, they still eat enough to fill up? Just gave it one and it is eating away at it. I just wish I could feed it like my P. cam. Think I'll get smaller prey items at my pet store :D
I wouldn't be to worried if I were you. I mean as long as it is eating and has water it will be ok. For sure try smaller prey items if you want to. Maybe the T will take a liking to them more or maybe not. It's good to try a variety is what i was trying to say.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I wouldn't be to worried if I were you. I mean as long as it is eating and has water it will be ok. For sure try smaller prey items if you want to. Maybe the T will take a liking to them more or maybe not. It's good to try a variety is what i was trying to say.
Right :) Probably just worried too much lol. Haven't quite conquered the "let them do their thing, they are probably fine" mentality yet :D Thanks for all of the comments!

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Right :) Probably just worried too much lol. Haven't quite conquered the "let them do their thing, they are probably fine" mentality yet :D Thanks for all of the comments!
No worries, it takes some getting used to, that mentality ;)