How long is pandinus lifespan?

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
10 is a bit of a stretch. But at adulthood if remained healthy I can see 5-6 more years

Collin Clary

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They can live longer than 10 years. I'd say around 15, and maybe more. It can take up to 4-7 years for them just to mature.

MathiasVG

Arachnopeon
How big and how old is your 7th instar? It takes a year for mine to reach 6th instar and they are about 4 inches.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think people will estimate based on P. imperator life span and maybe other Pandinus sps. because P. dictator hasn't been so available for hard data concerning life span. There is probably no one on this forum that has had a P. dictator for over 5 years just because of how hard they were to obtain. My own personal experience with imperators is that they often last around 2-5 years after maturity but I've always been really bad with time-lines. However there are always a few weirdos in a bunch that take forever to grow and mature prob trying to jump a gene pool imo.

TaekMin

Arachnopeon
Thanks buddy. ;)
I didn't know there was no definite information here.that is why the P.dictator is so rare.

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
It really depends when you got her, she could have been 5 years old already if she is full grown.

MathiasVG

Arachnopeon
It really depends when you got her, she could have been 5 years old already if she is full grown.
Exactly! But if that's the case, then how does the OP know the scorpion is a 7th instar? I seriously doubt it because my 6th instars are about 4inches. I've been watching them since they were born and have been counting their molt. Can they grow over 3 inches from 6th to 7th instar?

CreepTumorXD

Arachnoknight
also.. and I could be wrong, but I heard that if they eat less they grow slower and could spend longer times in certain stages because of this.

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
also.. and I could be wrong, but I heard that if they eat less they grow slower and could spend longer times in certain stages because of this.
I wonder if one could artificially extend there lifespan using this?

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Feeding , temperature, genetics, etc. All factor into an individual's life span.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Can you expand on feedings effect on lifespan ?
If you feed them a lot they will grow quicker, especially if they are also kept on the high end of their temperature range. Their metabolism will be higher.

Keeping them in the lower temperatures of their range and feeding less will slow their metabolism and elongate time between molts, thus increasing overall life span.

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
If you feed them a lot they will grow quicker, especially if they are also kept on the high end of their temperature range. Their metabolism will be higher.

Keeping them in the lower temperatures of their range and feeding less will slow their metabolism and elongate time between molts, thus increasing overall life span.
Extremely interesting. What about once they are fully grown?