How long does it take for a Chaco golden knee to become an adult?

CEOAirsoft

Arachnopeon
How long does it take for a Chaco golden knee to become full grown from birth?

cold blood

Staff member
Depends on a lot of variables, which is why we go by DLS and not age in this hobby.

5 people could all raise the same healthy specimens of the same species and all get drastically differing growth rates....ball park, I'd say males are capable of maturing in as little as 2-3 years, but could also take as long as 4 to maybe even 7 in extreme cases. Females would take longer, I wouldn't expect maturity before 5 or 7 years.

Warmth and plentiful food, lead to substantially faster growth, conversely, cooler temps and a minimalist feeding schedule will lead to substantially slower growth.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I've seen more Chaco posts in the last week than I have any other sp in the two months I've been on here. Everyone (including myself) is jumping on the Chaco bandwagon. At least we'll all have boyfriends and girlfriends for them when the time comes!

Raven 13

Arachnopeon
I've seen more Chaco posts in the last week than I have any other sp in the two months I've been on here. Everyone (including myself) is jumping on the Chaco bandwagon. At least we'll all have boyfriends and girlfriends for them when the time comes!
I also have jumped on this apparent bandwagon. My 1/2" sling spends most of his time in the little tunnel he made. Thankfully he made it right against the wall of his enclosure, so I can still keep an eye on him.

Stugy

Arachnolord
I've been keeping a close eye on the Chaco bandwagon for a few months... Still trying to convince my dad that getting a big spider won't kill him (I want one as my first T. My dad let me get a Sicarius so why can't I get a T lmao)

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
They become mature when they learn responsibility and clean up their enclosures without being told, get a summer job and quit freeloading from their owners, and stop snickering whenever they hear words that can be construed as naughty. I personally haven't reached that stage yet myself, so I can't criticize my chaco.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
They become mature when they learn responsibility and clean up their enclosures without being told, get a summer job and quit freeloading from their owners, and stop snickering whenever they hear words that can be construed as naughty. I personally haven't reached that stage yet myself, so I can't criticize my chaco.
I still snicker when I hear naughty words.
None of my Ts clean up after themselves :arghh: I swear if there's such thing as T diarrhea, my G pulchra had it after I fed him his first roach :banghead:

Paiige

Arachnobaron
I must have missed the memo as I do not currently have any G. pulchripes. :drunk:
Maybe you should get one! ;)
Several people here (myself included) picked up a pulchripes over the holiday weekend. There was an influx of photos and then a few new members/keepers seemed to sign up for the forums because they too had recently acquired them.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Maybe you should get one! ;)
Several people here (myself included) picked up a pulchripes over the holiday weekend. There was an influx of photos and then a few new members/keepers seemed to sign up for the forums because they too had recently acquired them.
Well time to hit up @cold blood :D

Raven 13

Arachnopeon
So, my Chaco has just started sealing up his little tunnel/burrow. Molt incoming!

Goodlukwitthat

Arachnoknight
That's my favorite species. Have one that's roughly 2ish inches. I accidentally mangled its molt while trying to sex it...so off to another year before I get to try again XDD These are such underestimated tarantulas and so fun to have.