How long does it take a juvie P. Regius to molt?

al mars

Arachnopeon
I'm a new spider owner and have a juvenile P. Regius. He's gotten situated okay and now he's molting. This morning I saw his old skin in the hammock with him and got really excited! My question is how long does it take for them to crawl out of the old skin? He's now crawled out of the hammock and his old skin is still attached a little bit. All his legs are out but it's not completely separate. It's been about 7 hours now and I know he's very delicate right now and to absolutely not bother him but should he be done by now? Every so often I watch him struggle with it but it's still attached on his underside. Is there anything I can do besides keeping the enclosure humid and free of prey items?

Jumper

Arachnosquire
I'm a new spider owner and have a juvenile P. Regius. He's gotten situated okay and now he's molting. This morning I saw his old skin in the hammock with him and got really excited! My question is how long does it take for them to crawl out of the old skin? He's now crawled out of the hammock and his old skin is still attached a little bit. All his legs are out but it's not completely separate. It's been about 7 hours now and I know he's very delicate right now and to absolutely not bother him but should he be done by now? Every so often I watch him struggle with it but it's still attached on his underside. Is there anything I can do besides keeping the enclosure humid and free of prey items?

Al mars,
When juvenile pregius's complete their molting they will kick out their old exoskelton.
My experience is from 2-4 days or sometimes a week
Let them be. I would mist the enclosure in the morning and afternoon to keep the humidity level adequate.
1 spray and NOTdirectly on the Regius.
Once they leave their hammock. It will be super thirsty and hungry.

I hope this helps.

-Jumper

magouilles

Arachnoknight
if the exoskeleton is still attached to his body within another 5-10 hours, try gently removing the old exoskeleton with a wet q tip
if you mean that it hasn't kicked the molt out of its hammock then just let it be

al mars

Arachnopeon
if the exoskeleton is still attached to his body within another 5-10 hours, try gently removing the old exoskeleton with a wet q tip
if you mean that it hasn't kicked the molt out of its hammock then just let it be
Yes, it's still attached to his body. When he crawled out of the hammock it came with him and he's been struggling with it on and off today. Thanks!

magouilles

Arachnoknight
Yes, it's still attached to his body. When he crawled out of the hammock it came with him and he's been struggling with it on and off today. Thanks!
7 hours is not too worrying for juvie, I'd wait it out and spray a bit of water to up the humidity just a little to help him
and if that's not enough then get to the q-tip method🙂

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
I’m not sure the “add extra humidity to the enclosure while molting” works for jumping spiders. I think that might just be from the tarantula hobby. I say this because when my jumper went into pre-molt, I sprayed the enclosure multiple times every day to “increase humidity” and she came out just fine. However, the second time she molted, I didn’t spray at all. She came out perfectly healthy. I think you should just keep the normal humidity for the species you are keeping. If anyone has any information on the validity of this, please share!

magouilles

Arachnoknight
I’m not sure the “add extra humidity to the enclosure while molting” works for jumping spiders. I think that might just be from the tarantula hobby. I say this because when my jumper went into pre-molt, I sprayed the enclosure multiple times every day to “increase humidity” and she came out just fine. However, the second time she molted, I didn’t spray at all. She came out perfectly healthy. I think you should just keep the normal humidity for the species you are keeping. If anyone has any information on the validity of this, please share!
I know it is in the tarantula hobby but someone told me to try raising the humidity to help one of my jumper molt. I don't know if it's a fact for sure but I THINK all spiders can slide more easily from their exoskeleton if the humidity is higher? Don't quote me on this I'm still new to true spider keeping
My other jumpers molted just fine without raising the humidity too so it could not apply to them

al mars

Arachnopeon
Update: This morning it was the same, the old exoskeleton dragging behind him as he went so I did what was suggested and gently touched it with a wet q-tip (which he also grabbed and drank from! so cute!) and it came off easy. I think he's doing good. Got a few flightless fruit flies in there now and if he doesn't go for them I'll get something slightly bigger.

magouilles

Arachnoknight
Update: This morning it was the same, the old exoskeleton dragging behind him as he went so I did what was suggested and gently touched it with a wet q-tip (which he also grabbed and drank from! so cute!) and it came off easy. I think he's doing good. Got a few flightless fruit flies in there now and if he doesn't go for them I'll get something slightly bigger.
I'd wait some days before offering food just to make sure he doesn't get injured by the feeders (do not know if this is only applicable to tarantulas but i do it just for safety with my jumpers too)
but that is great news! hope he will make it through alright with its next molt😊