How I pack sub adult-adult's

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well I am not sure yet that cold is such a huge deal. I shipped to MI and NE and NY, with weather in the low teens/ single digits like 9 and 13 degrees and all of slings made it with no heat pack. I just recently sent a small Minatrix sling in night time low weather of 20. It arrived fine also no heat pack. And with all those shipments they were not in boxes just express envelopes.
So it may be luck, but I just never have worried to much about cold temps, I worry a lot more about heat. I have accidentally frozen a tarantula before on a cross country trip in my car, and it unthawed and lived.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well I am not sure yet that cold is such a huge deal. I shipped to MI and NE and NY, with weather in the low teens/ single digits like 9 and 13 degrees and all of slings made it with no heat pack. I just recently sent a small Minatrix sling in night time low weather of 20. It arrived fine also no heat pack. And with all those shipments they were not in boxes just express envelopes.
So it may be luck, but I just never have worried to much about cold temps, I worry a lot more about heat. I have accidentally frozen a tarantula before on a cross country trip in my car, and it unthawed and lived.
Haha WOW. Well do you think misting the paper towels had anything to do with it? I've heard from numerous people that would not be a problem, some even recommended it. Maybe there was just too much free space in there with them or something. It is just crazy... I have three hentzis on the way to AZ, so maybe they will make it there ok bieng they are prone to cold temps.

On another note, 'desert': I have not been back to my place for two weeks now. My house along with my T's are 3 hours away. Good news is I'm heading that way tomorrow. It'd be nice to have a nice surprise, especially now. :eek:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well do you think misting the paper towels had anything to do with it?
Oh no my towels were dry for the winter shipments. I only wet the towels in the summer for warm weather.

Austin S.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh no my towels were dry for the winter shipments. I only wet the towels in the summer for warm weather.
Oh I know. I was refering to myself. Oh well, what was done is over now and we will just have to see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully good news.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My biggest concern when shipping this week was the cold. I once put a black widow in the freezer for like 5 minutes (I was experimenting on the effects of freezing and refrigeration on spiders), and when it came out it was real sluggish, never recovered. Died within 24 hours. I think that freezing temps can really do a lot of damage to a spider.