Question How does the ranking system work?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
Get good?
It's a gamer joke. Basically it's a sarcasticway of saying "you're bad at this game," the joke being that the person is actually good at the game but their bad performance is due to circumstances beyond their control.

TMan88

Arachnopeon
It's a gamer joke. Basically it's a sarcasticway of saying "you're bad at this game," the joke being that the person is actually good at the game but their bad performance is due to circumstances beyond their control.
Yeah I'm not really a gamer, so I don't get it. But whatever rank doesn't really matter to me.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Well I'm over 100 and it still says peon
Not all forums count towards your numbers -- you show 11 posts when I click on you. Post more in T Q&A and other informative areas. T Chat won't add to your post numbers (and no, I am NOT recommending fluff posts!).
Nothing wrong with being a peon rank -- I spent many months there since I enjoyed T Chat section the most when I first joined.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Can you confirm the ranking order given above is accurate?
It looked correct, but I can't really remember what rank I was & when (re: number of posts).
But yeah, it sounds right.

Ultimately, your kindness and helpfulness will mean more to people than your rank. We've got some "emperors' & 'gods' I ignore completely; and some peons whose posts I enjoy reading. lol

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
It is really very simple. The more posts you make in relevant forums, the more you rank. As example, with my 5000+ posts I'm very rank. Playing with algorithms I haven't taken a shower since 1137 BC.