Question How does the ranking system work?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
I ranked up to Arachnoknight a little while ago and I was really excited about it. However, I noticed that a lot of people who have been members for a shorter time and have lower stats than me are ranked as "Arachnosquire". Is that a lower rank than Arachnoknight? Why was I never a squire? Did I just not notice, or are there multiple branches of rankings that you can go down?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
There are no branches, it's based entirely off of posts. I think your next one is Arachnobaron.

And yes, squire is below knight. Do you not watch Game of Thrones?!

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
There are no branches, it's based entirely off of posts. I think your next one is Arachnobaron.

And yes, squire is below knight. Do you not watch Game of Thrones?!
So I guess I was a squire at some point and just didn't notice

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Why does it even matter? I think most people judge someone based on the quality of their posts, not a ranking.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Because emperors are definitely better than a squire right? xD
What does the xD stand for at the end of your post? I've seen this on a few posts, also why are some of the ratings available to some, such as beer and face palm and not to others, is this part of the ranking process as well?

Stugy

Arachnolord
What does the xD stand for at the end of your post? I've seen this on a few posts, also why are some of the ratings available to some, such as beer and face palm and not to others, is this part of the ranking process, anyone?
I use xD as a face... the "x" is the eyes like the ones in this emote::drowning: while the mouth is the "D" which is kinds like this::astonished: lol. About the ratings, I guess it depends on how many posts you make or your overall rating? The beer and face palm ones seem to be given to arachnosupporters.

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
What does the xD stand for at the end of your post? I've seen this on a few posts, also why are some of the ratings available to some, such as beer and face palm and not to others, is this part of the ranking process as well?
XD is supposed to look like a face that's laughing so hard its eyes are closed

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
I use xD as a face... the "x" is the eyes like the ones in this emote::drowning: while the mouth is the "D" which is kinds like this::astonished: lol. About the ratings, I guess it depends on how many posts you make or your overall rating? The beer and face palm ones seem to be given to arachnosupporters.
Thanks for the prompt reply, makes sense now, saw it before and I thought crossed or exited not what you've clarified, cheers.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
I've had a few people pm me and question how I received my ranking (Arachnodemon) so fast when I'm so new to the forums compared to other people..... And we'll I don't have the answer. I know it has to do with activity and postings but is their purpose to these rankings or a list of the structure anywhere in here?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I've had a few people pm me and question how I received my ranking (Arachnodemon) so fast when I'm so new to the forums compared to other people..... And we'll I don't have the answer. I know it has to do with activity and postings but is their purpose to these rankings or a list of the structure anywhere in here?
Your rank (post count) includes posts made on the more substantive boards (e.g., "Tarantula Questions & Discussions" but not "Tarantula Chat").

There was a sticky about post ranks, but it seems to have been deleted. :confused:

1. Arachnopeon: 0
  2. Arachnosquire: 50
  3. Arachnoknight: 150
  4. Arachnobaron: 300
  5. Arachnolord: 600
  6. Arachnodemon: 666
  7. Arachnoangel: 777
  8. Arachnoprince: 1,000
  9. Arachnoking: 2,000
  10. Arachnoemperor: 3,500?
  11. ArachnoGod: 5,000?

Leila

Arachnobaron
Ok, but when you say 'posts,' does that mean threads you have personally created or comments you leave under other people's threads- or both? This stuff confuses me too. (Having so much time on my hands because of this broken leg certainly bought me a new rank though...:rolleyes: Lol)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Ok, but when you say 'posts,' does that mean threads you have personally created or comments you leave under other people's threads- or both?
It includes both threads you create and replies to other people's threads (so long as they are on a board that counts).

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
Your rank (post count) includes posts made on the more substantive boards (e.g., "Tarantula Questions & Discussions" but not "Tarantula Chat").

There was a sticky about post ranks, but it seems to have been deleted. :confused:

1. Arachnopeon: 0
  2. Arachnosquire: 50
  3. Arachnoknight: 150
  4. Arachnobaron: 300
  5. Arachnolord: 600
  6. Arachnodemon: 666
  7. Arachnoangel: 777
  8. Arachnoprince: 1,000
  9. Arachnoking: 2,000
  10. Arachnoemperor: 3,500?
  11. ArachnoGod: 5,000?
@TMan88