How do you...?

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I'm a moron (Was "how do you...)

Split a flower pot evenly for use as a hide. I was buying new substrate and I saw how cheap they were. I tried whacking it on the edge with the soil-scooper-thingie and all it did was chip. Is there a better way?

N.

PS- if you could reply sometime tonight that would be great as she's currently without a roof over her head ;)

Last edited:

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I think most people just bury half of it in the substrate..

Ernie

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol yeah, don't try whacking it against something...it'd just be a whole lot easier to bury it.
I took one outside one time and hit it against the railing on my porch and ended up with a handful of shattered pottery.

Risto

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Static_69
lol yeah, don't try whacking it against something...it'd just be a whole lot easier to bury it.
I took one outside one time and hit it against the railing on my porch and ended up with a handful of shattered pottery.

Risto
I think I saw a previous post about that ;)

N.

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I just have two words for you: Power Tools. *sound of a chainsaw starting up can be heard*

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
never tried it but pehaps a hack saw. or maybe one of those things used to cut ceramic tile. if nothing else just break it and file it down on the sidewalk untill it looks like what you want

nocturnalpulsem

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My little adventure...

I replaced the substrate and hide in my stripeknee's tank because of a horrible fungal growth.

I had to scoop her into a cup (she was very, very unhappy), and replace everything. I used a temp hide (the log I bought originally to replace the nasty one) to cover the pre-made burrow.

She took one step back too many while eating and fell straight into the hole, which (due to my own stupidity) ended up being too small. I had to fish her out. She was even less happy. Only time she's attempted to bite...and I deserved it...

Then, to correct the burrow I had to get her back into the cup...not fun. I got the pot split decently by bashing the bottom out with a hammer and gently tapping it once on each side and pulling it apart. Not bad...

Then I had to put her back in to her new home with a wider, and not completely vertical (doh!) burrow. She haired me...and again, I feel I was deserving. That's also the only time she's haired me.

Hopefully, she'll take the cricket I left her as an apology...

N.