How do you know when you trust your centipedes too much?

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I guess the picture pretty much sums it up.

More handling pics coming soon, I just thought I'd post the most interesting of the set here first ;)

Attachments

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have this rule about nothing needle sharp and dripping venom getting within 12" of my groinal region =P

GREAT pic though!

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dude I'm sure people tell you you have balls of steel, but I'm thinking you shouldn't take it quite so literally.:embarrassed:

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well i dont see any reason why the centipede would start to bite in that region but i hope that your pants are VERY TIGHTLY CLOSED otherwise you could be dancing with a very funny look on your face!!!!

phil.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
HA! Dude, I hope that pede doesn't have a taste for pinkies! haha. I have a pic kind of like that but I wasn't brave enough to post it. It's of a S. h. castaneiceps. That's a nice looking pede.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
great pede:clap: but if that was a, let's see..........a suspinipies ssp. hmm that would be scary{D out of all of my pedes all 23 of them different ssp. i don't handle any of them,not even my ethmostigmas,being bit by a hongkong giant(by accident ofcourse)year ago woke me up about these guys,i respect even the little stinkers:worship:

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Oh, I don't know. Maybe your lover would enjoy the local swelling!{D ;P

Zman16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Someday in the future I'm sure I will have my own pede, and handle it... But until then, well, I think your both crazy and cool.:worship:

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My friend had an S. heros crawl up his pant leg when he was younger {D

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had a Hadogenes scorpion crawling in that region when it got away from me, but a Subspinipes? :eek:

Wish I'd be there to buy you a beer at Arachnocon!

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i wonder why i cant see your shoes?
:?
I'm sitting on my knees in that picture.

This was taken during a handling attempt where the specimen in question decided to run down from my shoulder in an attempt to get away. I snapped the picture right before she hit the floor and retreated into a pair of pants I keep on the floor so they'll have somewhere to go when they try to retreat.

Cacoseraph said:
i have this rule about nothing needle sharp and dripping venom getting within 12" of my groinal region =P
You've never met any of my exes, have you ;)

Iheartmantids said:
I had a Hadogenes scorpion crawling in that region when it got away from me, but a Subspinipes?

Wish I'd be there to buy you a beer at Arachnocon!
This specimen is a Scolopendra heros arizonensais. I consider her the crown jewel of my collection because of their relative rarity. I only think I've seen one or two for sale here on the boards, not counting Golden Phoenix. She's roughly 8 inches long and relatively docile compared to most of the other centipedes I've seen. She doesn't even attack the instruments I use to get her out of her tank. She's pretty skittish, though.

As for the beer...the Mexican jail still awaits our arrival.

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Hey Cheshire..

If you want to impress people use a smaller pede next time for better scale ;)