how do you keep your scorplings?

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got my first scorplings the other day, and they're the first I will be raising up on my own. I don't really have any experience raising young scorpions yet, and only have a small bit of knwledge based on some googling to go off of right now. So I'm curious how you keep your scorplings. what do you house them in? what do you feed them? etc etc. I'd love to see some photos if anyone has any...

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well for me, it depends on the species..... i keep my emp slings in a small kk once they wander away from the mother. i start feeding them prekilled crickets for the first few feedings then move then to size appropriate life crickets/ dubai nymphs.

my bark scorpion slings i keep in seperat vials until they are 4I then move them to deli cups. Again feeding the prekilled then size appropriate food.

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
for the moment i still have them all chilling in their vials. the mesobuthus tamulus sindicus and hottentotta hottentotta are all fairly small (under 1/2") yet so I think they're doing fine where they're at. However the heterometrus sp. look like they're big enough now for me to be moving them into their own deli cups.

I don't have any pinheads at the moment, so I've tried offering them a couple meals now without any luck. mashed cricket didn't interested them, not did wingless flies. If I can't get them to take to something soon I'm going to start worrying, it's been 3 days since the package arrived so I'm sure it's close to a week now without anything to eat.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I fed all these a lot the week before i sent them to you bro, no need to worry. I think most the sindicus are coming up on molts as all mine stopped feeding as well.

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I fed all these a lot the week before i sent them to you bro, no need to worry. I think most the sindicus are coming up on molts as all mine stopped feeding as well.
that's a relief to hear, i'll let them be so they can prepare for their molts then.

one of the heterometrus went sting crazy on a smaller sized cricket i gave him, but he just wouldn't eat it. i forgot to ask you if you picked these guys up or if you bred the adults. I'm interested in whatever you know so far about the species and if there's any pictures of the pair these little guys came from. Looking at them right now they look to me like little H longimanus. What do you know of at the moment that separates these from other species besides their size?

how long can i expect my little hottentotta to relax before feeding again now that it's molted?