How can I tell if old world t is in pre molt

losct2381

Arachnosquire
I was wondering how can I tell if a old world t is in pre.u know Like a cobalt blue Or a obt

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Lethargy, refusing food, sealing off burrow, sometimes they will appear considerable darker too.

losct2381

Arachnosquire
Yeah anistasia one of the ones u sold me wont eat. and I provided a hide for both and they never use it. their always climbing on the sides and top

BlackVenom

Arachnopeon
More substrate

You need a lot more substrate. H. lividum likes to hide in their borrow and I'm guessing that is why they are climbing the sides and top. I would fill the tank to at least the half point.

BlackVenom

Arachnopeon
I was wondering how can I tell if a old world t is in pre.
I would also recommend writing down the dates of when the tarantula molts. IMO it is the best way to tell when to expect your tarantula to be in pre-molt or just molt especially with OW. Hope this help you and your T :)

losct2381

Arachnosquire
Oh yeah I do jeep track but these are my first ow I'm real long time. So they are new never molted for me before. But my other t's I keep track. I actually just had rosei and a t- blondi molt within in hours

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Some of the things i look for (though this isnt a set in stone way) is not only all of the things mentioned above but also sometimes (i do mean SOMETIMES) you can see the abdomen begin to get kinda shinny. That isnt just with little ones either becuz i still notice my P. ornata getting ready to molt and shes almost 7" now. as well as some of my baboons... but with a haplopelma thats a bit more tricky becuz outside of you never seeing them they are also a bit more fuzzy than a pokie or baboon.

Last edited:

losct2381

Arachnosquire
I just want to thank everyone here for all the help. I used to keep t's with my dad. when he was around and I was a young teen like 12 13. but when he passed I just lost touch with all my hobbies. but not too long ago my son was looking at photos of me and my dad with sone t's and asked me if we could do the same. That was 5 t's ago. So I got the fever again but ge did all of the work. So now u see I'm finding my self learning all over again. And relizing what some of his old stuff was for in the attic. Thanks againg guys for making all thus info so easy to get.