Housing mature emps

dogeatdog

Arachnopeon
I have one mature female emp right now and I want to get another one. I just have a 10 gallon tank, would it be fine for keeping 2 emps in there?

And does it really matter on what size emp I get?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
they should be roughly the same size. you will have to watch to make sure the current resident of the tank doesn't take offe3nse to the new addition, unless you re-arrange the tank so it appears as new territory. (anyways that's what works best for me). there is a slight chance of aggression between the two, but usually it is just territorial displays and establishing a pecking order.

dogeatdog

Arachnopeon
they should be roughly the same size. you will have to watch to make sure the current resident of the tank doesn't take offe3nse to the new addition, unless you re-arrange the tank so it appears as new territory. (anyways that's what works best for me). there is a slight chance of aggression between the two, but usually it is just territorial displays and establishing a pecking order.
If I were to re-arrange my tank to house 2 emps would I also have to change the substrate? right now there are a few places were my current scorpion has left his waste

JungleGuts

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yea make sure there close to the same size and provide 2 hides just incase the current dosnt wanna welcome the new one. Keep em well fed. When you see waste just stop clean and use tissue paper to get rid of it when you can. Once you do that theres not a need for new substrait.

ideas1

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
If I were to re-arrange my tank to house 2 emps would I also have to change the substrate? right now there are a few places were my current scorpion has left his waste
How long has it been since youve change the substrate?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
you don't have to change the substrate, just shift hides into different areas and the likes

A bit of spot cleaning wouldn't hurt though