housing 40 ball pythons!!

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok I'll be getting 40 baby ball pythons tomorow. I was planning on keeping them in three large storage tubs. I was wondering if this would be ok. I'll only have them for a week or two. and I will have to keep all that we don't sell. these tubs are about two and a half feet long and about one and a half feet wide. and probably two feet tall. as long as I add some branches to climb on and cover the top with a screen. will three of these be enough room . also I will be useing a uv light on each and a heat emitter on one of them instead of a light. in your experience is a heat emmiter better than a light? and any tips to help me out would be great thanks in advance

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by johnnyjohnjon
ok I'll be getting 40 baby ball pythons tomorow. I was planning on keeping them in three large storage tubs. I was wondering if this would be ok. I'll only have them for a week or two. and I will have to keep all that we don't sell. these tubs are about two and a half feet long and about one and a half feet wide. and probably two feet tall. as long as I add some branches to climb on and cover the top with a screen. will three of these be enough room . also I will be useing a uv light on each and a heat emitter on one of them instead of a light. in your experience is a heat emmiter better than a light? and any tips to help me out would be great thanks in advance
IMHO you don't need the U.V. light, go with a fluorescent bulb. I have used the cheapest shop light bulbs in the cheapo shop light fixtures for years for my snakes with no problems. as for the heat emitter that is dependant on the temps, what are the temp ranges of where you will be keeping the snakes? I am kind of leery of keeping so many snakes in such a small space though, you might end up with a bunch of sick and stressed snakes.
Ed

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok how many snakes would you recomend per container. and they will only be in there for around two weeks tops. I could probably fit four containers in my room tops. and my house stays at 75 degrees. hope this helps and thanks for the info.

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Ok, first of all, I wouldn't use heat emitters. They generate a lot of heat, and will easily melt plastic. Using a regular light bulb will do fine as long as you find the correct wattage that gives you ideal temps. Secondly, even with 4 tubs, 10 snakes to a tub still sounds like a bit of a stressful situation for them. Personally, I would put no more than 5 to a tub. But, if you -absolutely- MUST have no more than 4 tubs, at least provide plenty of places for the snakes to hide to hopefully cut down on stress.

Bry

TheWidowsPeak

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok heres the setup I actually only had room for two tubs. i am still going to put around ten small hides in each container and maybe some shredded newspaper. but they all seem to be in good health and plus they will only be in these for a week or two at tops and they should be getting thinned out day by day. I believe i will be selling three tomorow. ok so here are the pics

Attachments

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Dude whats with the 40 ball python?

You only need one to kill you, 2 to send you home, and 3 to give you something to forget.

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
huh?....

You only need one to kill you, 2 to send you home, and 3 to give you something to forget

What in the hell are you smoking Neo? You are making absolutely no sense.

Phil :?

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: huh?....

Originally posted by Phillip

You only need one to kill you, 2 to send you home, and 3 to give you something to forget

=D Neo is a character though !

Wade

Arachnoking
Old Timer
40 sterilite shoe boxes (about $1 each) would be a much, much, much better way to house them. The way you're doing it they will likely be too stressed to feed and whoever buys them from you may not exactly be getting a great deal. I hope a week "or so" doesn't turn into a month or so.

Wade

Neo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Re: huh?....

Originally posted by Phillip

I'm smoking what your smoking :D

You gotta know when I'm not serious. I sometimes don't make sense on purpose. Nothing to get serious over because I'm not serious over what your getting serious over because seriousness isn't my name!! :D

How can you say I obsolutely don't make sense, its all in perfect English, if you may call it English, just the reason for it that doesn't make sense you mean. I know the top made sense where I ask him why he got 40 ball pythons...

You know what I mean atmosphere?

atmosphere

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yea, It's like one fish,two,fish,red fish,blue fish.. Right...No I don't understand !
=D

Phillip

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't think so...

Nah I believe we must be smoking something completely different since my Camels have never caused me to start spewing out gibberish.

Phil