Housecleaning question.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
From what I understand T's will eventually toss their old molts out the door right? Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Well my Avic just keeps moving the shed skin around inside the web xD...the exit to the web is quite small I'm suprised the T can squeeze through. The old molt has been in there for about 2.5 weeks now...is this a bad thing? Should I do surgury on the web? (I need to get pics >.>) The T is pretty cramped as it is and it would be quite unfortunant to have the thing molt again with that kind of room...when I say tight, its tight.

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Do you mean just the web is tight or is the container too small? Because if you rehouse the spider you can get the moult out then. But if it's just the web and you really want to get the moult it won't hurt the spider to wreck the web a little to get it out. Not all spiders get rid of the moult and it doesn't hurt to leave it there, but if you want it just get it out. The spider will rebuild the web after anyway.

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
No no the tank itself is perfect, looots of room but not too much...the web itself is tight, specially with the molt in there. So I was just concerned that if it molts again with the old molt still in there...itll hurt the spider. I think Ill take the old molt out.