house centipede Sighting! šŸŖ„

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s only one species but I keep seeing the same ones. Iā€™ll try to get more pictures later. IMG_8959.jpeg

TheraMygalo

Arachnosquire
It is a house centipede. We call em swifties here.

I like the days i do not seem them šŸ¤Ŗ

Loathe the years I lived in the basement of a two-level flat. Those swifties were too frequent. Dark, humid and cool. Definitely not my habitat of choice.

Last edited:

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
It is a house centipede. We call em swifties here.

I like the days i do not seem them šŸ¤Ŗ

Loathe the years I lived in the basement of a three two-level flat. Those swifties were too frequent. Dark, humid and cool. Definitely not my habitat of choice.
šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ Swifties !šŸæšŸ¦¤šŸ¦¤
They used to freak me out when I was younger, now I just accept there free pest removal service . I even kept one for a while they can actually eat small roaches. Which is surprising.

TheraMygalo

Arachnosquire
They can eat anything. And they biteā€¦ and cause allergies. They wont bite just for the fun, but like tarantulas and spiders, if they slither onto you and you happen to squeeze emā€¦

They will bother me until the end of times. Anything that can fill into a body orifice while I sleep is enough to creep me out. That is why tarantulas are great, even the smallest might not fit into my ears.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
They can eat anything. And they biteā€¦ and cause allergies. They wont bite just for the fun, but like tarantulas and spiders, if they slither onto you and you happen to squeeze emā€¦

They will bother me until the end of times. Anything that can fill into a body orifice while I sleep is enough to creep me out. That is why tarantulas are great, even the smallest might not fit into my ears.
I wear sleeping earplugs and cpap mask so I donā€™t gotta worry about bugs . I evicted my second roach colony to the basement because a few escaped during cleaning . Found cats thwacking one around haha šŸ˜†ā€¦ was mad my dad killed the other one . They werenā€™t free .šŸ„²šŸ˜ž

TheraMygalo

Arachnosquire
I wear sleeping earplugs and cpap mask so I donā€™t gotta worry about bugs . I evicted my second roach colony to the basement because a few escaped during cleaning . Found cats thwacking one around haha šŸ˜†ā€¦ was mad my dad killed the other one . They werenā€™t free .šŸ„²šŸ˜ž
No one is free until we are all free.

What is freedom anyways?

I get it though: if it means something to you, it is important. Parents. Sheesh.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
No one is free until we are all free.

What is freedom anyways?

I get it though: if it means something to you, it is important. Parents. Sheesh.
The cages are escape proof I donā€™t understand it .
It probably wonā€™t affect the colony if it was male , escapes are inevitable during cleaning. He said he killed 2 of them and one lived . He thinks they are parasites. šŸ¦ 
Back to centepedes there a bit creepy but I just leave them alone Iā€™ll get more pics soon probably . :pigeon: :lol:

TheraMygalo

Arachnosquire
Escapes happen. Mostly when enclosures are opened. I do not have the privilege of being allowed to purchase Dubias. They are still illegal in my country šŸ˜’. We can only get discoids and at this time, the price is very unpalatable.

People think anything they hate are parasites. I think roaches are cute. I wish I could have them, not only for feeders but also just to enjoy them. I suppose the challenge would be to have them thrive. Parasites that are hard to ā€œkeepā€ are not parasites in my opinion.

Swifties thrive because all the elements are united and perfect. They are way creepier then roaches. How can roaches be creepyā€¦ they are a resultā€¦ if someone hase roaches in their home due to negligence, then the conditions need to be adressed.

Swifties need to be adressed because they are creepy šŸ‘¹

TheraMygalo

Arachnosquire
Wow. That is a mothershipā€¦ None in my home for now. I will think of you when I encounter one and challenge my instinct to obliviate it. I have many false widows in my basement. They venture to the living floor sometimesā€¦