Hottentot - bad plant ?

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've been fiddling around a little with different plants to try in a T enclosure.
A certain kind of philodendron I had for a while worked well, but now in wintertime I can't find a similiar one anymore, and the old one stayed out of a T cage for 6 months and now looks like a giants head after 6 years of sleeping in a sunny meadow.
I tried a Peperomia sp., but it started looking real sad as soon as I put it in :/
So today I bought a Crassula species, because I was told it can stand standing in the shade well, and doesn't need much water ; in the store they called it a 'hottentot', however the one pic I found on the net of a Crassula Hottentota wasn't very like my thing.
Mine sorta looks like strings that go in all directions with ..flattened blobs on them, maybe half a cm apart. Looks a bit like weird necklaces.

So anyway, I'm just wondering if this is a bad plant for this purpose? Not that T's normally go munching on leaves and stuff but maybe it could be venomous for them somehow, I don't know.
Anyone who does ?

Last edited:

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What, no one? *tries to look surprised*
Well, if this things blooms razorblades, i'll blame y'all :)