Horned frog/pacman frog pics thread

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is a remarkable specimen. Surely one of my favorites. You should come check out http://fatfrogs.7.forumer.com/index.php
Alot of Ceratophrys lovers on that site, you'd be more than welcome to join and have some fun with fellow hobbyists.

By the way, where did you get your babies? I am in the market for CB froglets and have only found one or two places recently.

atropos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thanks for the link, I bought this one on a show in Holland, it's from france.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Latest snapshots

I took a few pictures today and I remembered this thread.....

He was a little irritated, I had just had him out for a soak. He gets a soak while I am performing cage maintenance, spot cleaning and other such duties. Soaking helps him "move the mail", if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wall-E

i'm dying to get an albino pacman! :(

here are some shots of our little boy, wall-e. they span from june to august and really show how he's growing. he's definitely chubby now, and all mouth.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Looking good! Their growth rate is sort of amazing, isn't it?

I'm relieved to see that in the latter pictures, it appears that you removed the green moss.

Do ahead and go for an albino! Me, I'd kind of like to have a normal. I guess the frog is always greener on the other side of the tank, huh?

But what I'd REALLY like at this point is a Pixie frog, but I don't have room for another tank, especially one the size appropriate for a Pixie.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yeah, i removed the moss after a day or so. he's now on bed a beast (expanding brick). he's technically my husband's (he was an anniversary gift, because he wanted to get into frogs), but i always feed him and care for him. :}

i have only seen albinos as babies, and i would rather purchase in person than buy from a large quantity dealer. or i would like to purchase from a reliable dealer on the boards.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Cute frogs. And appropriate names, given their appetites. How long have you had those two? It's a bit hard to judge their size, but I'm guessing they are fairly young. They still have that "body hasn't grown to match their heads" look they have when they are young. But that could be the camera angle, I guess.

Boy, mine must have been really irritated. Hr buried himself completely out of sight. Oh well, I guess I'll see him when he gets hungry.

Ritzman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tim I have had chompers for about 2 months and hoover for about 8 months. I got hoover when he was the size of a quarter and chompers about the size of a 50 cent piece. I think they are both males because I heard them both chirp, but I could be wrong. They still have some growing to do. Both were purchased at a "pet supplies plus".

I went to go dig chompers up at the pet store to get a better look and he bite my finger, hence the name.{D .

I am waiting for a ornate to come to my area so I can snag it up. I eventually want a cornuta as well. And a fantasy{D {D .

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I thought they looked like fairly young ones. I've had mine 18 months. It's is a male too. I was a little disappointed that he turned out to be male, but I like him a lot all the same. I just wish he'd get massive like the females do.

Ornates are supposed to have great feeding responses. I wouldn't mind having one of those myself. I've heard that unless you are sure to get a captive bred cornuta, feeding can be somewhat problematic. I guess their main diet in the wild is other frogs and it can be tricky to get them to switch to less exotic diets like crickets and worms. It is supposed to be doable, though
I'm not sure if there is a downside to the fantasy hybrids, but I can't recall reading any warnings about them.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my "boy" hasn't chirped yet. he may be a she {D

i haven't been concerned enough to pick him up and check for mating pads. but i've heard the male in my boss's office chirp before, and i definitely would know if i heard THAT.

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ok, now i have another one! he/she was at the local pet store, and i've been watching him/her for weeks.

so, welcome "frogzilla" to the zoo!

PS- only held for size reference! i don't normally handle my frogs.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Another cute fellow!

Mine is still underground sulking.

Edit: Now he's under there voicing his grievance with a series of chirps or peeps or however you want to describe a horned frog's call.

Last edited:

kitty_b

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wall-e fully emerged today (aka, taking a water dish soak) to reveal a significant gain in size/weight.

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here's my tiny C. cornuta, CB, 2,5 cm but dropdead gorgeous

And eating like a pacman should
:drool: :drool: I've got to get me one like that. I've had mine for about 2 weeks now. I know I took pics of him, but they must still be on my camera, because they aren't in my photobucket. Also he's never used this soaking dish. I'd know because his water is always clean, and he has coco fiber sub, and spag moss. Something would get in it if he used it. I don't think he's moved at all. No coco fiber on top of the moss like he even walked on it in the littlese bit. Maybe I should show him the water? He is about 1-1.5 inches and feeding every 2-3 days. I plan on getting another one soon.

kalvaer

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
They sure do have faced that only their mothers can love. Interesting though they are

Bird Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, I took some more pics, and here they are....

I see you... do you see me?

Here are the new ones I took today...

decided to go ahead and put him in the water, since I already had him out...

Didn't last long though...