Homoeomma chilensis

Marlana

Arachnoknight
Even with a discount it’s way overpriced. Not for a freshly hatched sling.

DustyD

Arachnoknight
It’s going good! Most have molted twice now but one is taking forever to molt for the second time. Still really tiny. They eat fairly well and finally made burrows but I find them out quite often. Not much else to report.
Thank you for the update. And I would like some more. I know it has been touched on, but could you talk a little bit about your care for them, temp, feeding, watering.

As a person interested in them, I am curious about how to best care for them. Smallest T I have worked with was about an inch. I have G. rosea, pulchra, and pulchripes and generally keep them dry with small water dishes in place ( when they are not being overturned or buried by the T's.)

Even with a discount it’s way overpriced. Not for a freshly hatched sling.
Yeah that is expensive. Hopefully others are breeding them and they will be on the market.

Marlana

Arachnoknight
Thank you for the update. And I would like some more. I know it has been touched on, but could you talk a little bit about your care for them, temp, feeding, watering.

As a person interested in them, I am curious about how to best care for them. Smallest T I have worked with was about an inch. I have G. rosea, pulchra, and pulchripes and generally keep them dry with small water dishes in place ( when they are not being overturned or buried by the T's.)
I keep them in small dram vials filled 3/4 with substrate. I keep the bottom layers moist so they can burrow if they need moisture. I don’t use a water dish when this small, they are really tiny. I feed live pinhead crickets, they didn’t seem interested in prekilled. I don’t really have a schedule with feeding. Maybe once a week to 10 days. Sometimes they don’t eat.

I did lose one when I first got them but honestly that’s to be expected and exactly why I won’t pay so much for very young slings. And why I try to buy multiples if it’s a species I really want. There’s definitely a way higher chance of failure to thrive, even if you do everything perfect. The sling that died wouldn’t eat, no matter what I tried.

DustyD

Arachnoknight
Thanks for the information. Much appreciated. Temperature range? Currently my Ts go from low 70s overnight to about high 70s and topping off at 80/81 during the day.

Marlana

Arachnoknight
My temps really depend on season but usually they don’t go below 70 or over 85.