Homicidal T??

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ok. never seen this before. i got a male l. violaceopes a couple days ago. he was a little skittish when i got him but has since started on his burrow. today was feeding day so i dropped in a b. lat and went on with my day. i noticed earlier tonight the roach was in the water dish. dead. i wondered if the roach had fallin in and had no way out. i dropped in another one. a few minutes later i noticed he was out of his burrow so i figured he was hunting. when i came back in the room i caught him dropping the roach in the water dish and holding it down till it stopped moving. i'm not kidding. has anyone seen this behavior in their T's. why would they do this? :? :wall: :confused:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok. never seen this before. i got a male l. violaceopes a couple days ago. he was a little skittish when i got him but has since started on his burrow. today was feeding day so i dropped in a b. lat and went on with my day. i noticed earlier tonight the roach was in the water dish. dead. i wondered if the roach had fallin in and had no way out. i dropped in another one. a few minutes later i noticed he was out of his burrow so i figured he was hunting. when i came back in the room i caught him dropping the roach in the water dish and holding it down till it stopped moving. i'm not kidding. has anyone seen this behavior in their T's. why would they do this? :? :wall: :confused:
a psychopath T lol

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haha, that was funny. I've never seen that happen, but I have seen my Ts just kill my crickets and not eat them. Maybe he was just annoyed by them, but then why not just bite and kill them? :? Hm, very interesting.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have seen it before, there are some Ts that are what I like to call picky eaters. Two Ts in particular I have wont touch dubia roaches. With one female I watched her strike an adult roach. So I figured job done went and did something else. Came back and the roach was placed nice and neat in the water dish untouched. The defensive chemical that roaches give off seems to make some Ts turn up their noses and ask for something else.

speedreader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
138, it would RULE if you would replicate this amusing experiment yet agian and take photos.

mandolin101

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
LOL, thats hilarious. I agree with speedreader, try to get some pics... I guess he just hates roaches

Cmendel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
As with Novak, one of my T's has killed crickets but not eatin them. It would give them a fatal bite then throw them the hell away;P

orkimedies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my T. Blondi will kill anything you put in its cage even if it is not hungry,

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
no i never had one do that but i only feed locusts hoppers to my adult - t.s - with the hoppers back legs cut off **** phil

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have seen it before, there are some Ts that are what I like to call picky eaters.
i'll take it one step further on the picky subject. he's eating a male rocah as we speak. the 2 he killed yesterday were females. AND this morning there was a floating female roach in the female L. violaceopes water dish. dropped in a male roach a few minutes ago. shes eating it also. :wall: :wall:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i'll take it one step further on the picky subject. he's eating a male rocah as we speak. the 2 he killed yesterday were females. AND this morning there was a floating female roach in the female L. violaceopes water dish. dropped in a male roach a few minutes ago. shes eating it also. :wall: :wall:
Just to make sure I read that right, hes eating males but not female roaches. Yes I have had that happen as well. Only with one picky Smithi.
She will drown or ignore female roaches both mature and inmature but chase and kill mature males. I have no clue why. I dont even have a theory. Man hater? {D

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome! My A. avic hangs her crix still alive from the top branch of her 'tree' that she climbs. The poor lil crix hang down about 4 inches swinging there trying to get free....if they swing too much and it annoys her, she swats them with her front leg to swing even more wildly, lol....my husband finds this extremely amusing to watch...sometimes we will blow on the cricket to get it to swing from the silk thread and wait for out T to get upset and swat at it.:D

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just to make sure I read that right, hes eating males but not female roaches. Yes I have had that happen as well. Only with one picky Smithi.
She will drown or ignore female roaches both mature and inmature but chase and kill mature males. I have no clue why. I dont even have a theory. Man hater? {D
yes thats right. both m and f T's of the same species seem to ONLY like male b. lats.

Awesome! My A. avic hangs her crix still alive from the top branch of her 'tree' that she climbs. The poor lil crix hang down about 4 inches swinging there trying to get free....if they swing too much and it annoys her, she swats them with her front leg to swing even more wildly, lol....my husband finds this extremely amusing to watch...sometimes we will blow on the cricket to get it to swing from the silk thread and wait for out T to get upset and swat at it.:D
that is f@#*ing halarious!!! {D

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Does you t paint pictures of clowns on the side of the tank with poop? If so I have a theory, involving reincarnation, ... hmm...

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Does you t paint pictures of clowns on the side of the tank with poop? If so I have a theory, involving reincarnation, ... hmm...
you just named him for me...."Gacy"