Holy cow...

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Not to sound like a n00b, but what is that!?
I know the photo is a horrible one, but I didn't want to disturb her too much while she was still in the process of laying her eggs. I will get some better shots later today.

What you see in that pic is a Scolopendra hardwickei laying eggs.

This is her when I first got her:

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I know the photo is a horrible one, but I didn't want to disturb her too much while she was still in the process of laying her eggs. I will get some better shots later today.

What you see in that pic is a Scolopendra hardwickei laying eggs.

This is her when I first got her:
Man, those are so awesome!

peterbourbon

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Wooohoooo! Finally!
That's simply great!

Wish you the best luck on earth - hopefully they turn to beautiful plings in a few months. :)

Cheers
Turgut

Sleazoid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I don't keep Centipedes but aren't Scolopendra hardwickei one of the more expensive and hard to come by Centipedes?

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wooohoooo! Finally!
That's simply great!

Wish you the best luck on earth - hopefully they turn to beautiful plings in a few months. :)

Cheers
Turgut
Thanks Turgut, I hope so too. :) If these eggs really are viable then I have been pretty darn lucky with getting babies from WC females.

Another bad pic:

Looking at her second tergite, I wonder what her young would look like?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
hardwickei's have kinda goofy coloration. they sometimes will have two tergites colored the same color... but not always the same two tergites.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've never seen a half colored tergite...has any one else?
hardwickei's have kinda goofy coloration. they sometimes will have two tergites colored the same color... but not always the same two tergites.
Silly, it's just Draiman who forgot to completely color the tergite with a permanent marker!

btw, congrats :)

Last edited:

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the congratulations everyone :)

I really have been very fortunate. I just got up to check on her and she still has her eggs, so far so good. Will definitely keep you guys updated as they progress.

What interests me about her half-colored second tergite is the fact that in Steven's broods, the pedelings had exactly the same color scheme as their mother (i.e., the mother with a black second tergite produced pedelings with a black second tergite, and his other female with an uncolored second tergite produced pedelings with an uncolored second tergite). I wonder how these will turn out.

Androctonus_bic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Maybe we have to wait a little bit more.

If your last sentence is right, the colorantion of pedes could be transmited dominantly by females. But I think it is too early to confirm that.

cheers
carles