Holding A. geniculata -- BAD IDEA!

Dafne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW!!! All of you have really beautiful A. geniculata :D
I can't wait till mine would be that size. Now she/he is about 1/2" and all of the time she/he is digging in the ground. It is really interesting watching her/him doing this :D

Grael

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Originally posted by Dafne
WOW!!! All of you have really beautiful A. geniculata :D
I can't wait till mine would be that size. Now she/he is about 1/2" and all of the time she/he is digging in the ground. It is really interesting watching her/him doing this :D
yea mines been doing that for days its really interested to watch ^_^

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Originally posted by Valael
Did you prekill the mouse?

I only feed thawed...my snake is not picky. He also 'kills' it, so it's usually killed twice LOL

---

I'm more afraid of hair than I am of biting. That hair can drive you nuts...

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by pategirl
Mine's about 4/4.5" .
That's it? It looks so much bigger and stouter than mine. I wonder if this species is sexually dimorphic, giving one sex a different body structure than the other?

Jon

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yep, that's it. The camera makes her look bigger than she really is....I don't know why. She also eats a lot too.

Last edited:

Venom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey Immortal and Pategirl., out of curiousity.., I noticed that you're both keeping your genics on dry substrate. I thought they were a high humidity genus. Do you spray their tanks every day, or does the water dish provide enough humidity?

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Mine's water dish does provide some humidity, but I also mist mine a few times a week.

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I just overflow the water dish, or the spider tips it over frequently! That provides a dry side and a damper side, Zhizhu just chooses which side to be on